PDA

View Full Version : Planning Advice

Bex1
29-07-2009, 11:09 AM
Hello

I was wondering if you could give me a little bit of advice. I have mindees who are under 2 and I have tried themes with them but they are not very interested and just simply want to play! So I decided to quit the theme route and let them play and sit back (not literally) and watch them and the little boy I have who is 19 months has started to show an interest in animals, he loves to watch 'our planet' on cbeebies and I have a animal hospital set with jungle animals, jeeps, hospital etc and he has started to play. I therefore thought, maybe I could plan to look more into animals so I have bought a really cool table cloth that has all different animals on it such as lion, elephant, giraffe, monkey etc and thought I could start planning a topic about animals but in a way that there are things present without making the kids sit down and do activities if you know what I mean.

I have also got little wrist bands with animals on them and would have these around for them to look at.

Is that a good way to plan or not? They are no interested in structured activites, they want to do things in their own way, own time and pace!

Becky

carebear25
29-07-2009, 12:28 PM
http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=38171

hi take a look at this thread it may help.

clare x