PDA

View Full Version : buggy board

childminder54
29-07-2009, 07:50 AM
we are off to tenerife in October my daughter is flying on here own from Dublin with 2 children 4 and 2 she is going on the wed and we are going on the Friday her husband was going for 2 weeks but is only going the second week I feel sorry for here as she lives 3 hours away from the airport and went by train but we was there to meet here at the airport last year. well what I want to know has anybody got the maxi buggy board and are they any
good as the 4 year old didnt walk very well last year and wanted to be carried, my daughter was thinking of buying on as she has loola pushchair and this is the one which is recommended for the pushchair..

thanks

veronicax

katickles
29-07-2009, 08:07 AM
Sorry I don;t have that one - I do have a maxi board though for my pram. The thing is though I have only used it for my dd & she's only two - not sure about the weight of a 4 year old on one, meaning more the pushing weight ontop of the pram IYSWIM?

I have found it can be tricky when going down hill for example - sometimes feels like the thing is going to run away with me!

Hopefully someone with this board will be along soon x

The Juggler
29-07-2009, 08:22 AM
If she is needing to consider stairs and trains I would not take a buggy board. It makes the pushchair hard to carry upstairs and she won't be able to fold it easily without removing it on trains.

I would suggest lifts/taxis and a stroller. Perhaps the children will take turns?

If she needs the board out in Tenerife then maybe pack it in a case for use out on holiday.

There's a site somewhere which shows which boards are compatible with which buggies. I just googled it and found it but sure someone here will remember which site it was, someone always has an answer.

LOL

Helen79
29-07-2009, 08:31 AM
I find them tricky with a 4 year old aswell. It's also extra luggage to be carrying onto the plane. They're quite bulky & heavy aswell if she's folding up the pushchair to get onto the train & plane.

I'd get a sling instead, then she can be carried when she wants to be & it's less for your daughter to carry.