PDA

View Full Version : any minders with or had swine flu??

emmadines
29-07-2009, 07:08 AM
basically the othe half thinks he have swine flu. ive not got any children till the 10 august, what have you been told to do or done???

newandlearning
29-07-2009, 07:17 AM
hi.. my foreign student had swine flu.. the Health Protection Agency told me not to close.. to ensure he/she stays isolated for 5 days, get him to use antibacterial gel on hands everytime he leaves room, sleeps with a tissue over mouth :rolleyes: .. (not sure how that works :) )..

I was told I didn't have to close.. I did tell parents.. and got them to sign my newsletter confirming they were happy with what I've told them and they understanding bring their children to me could contact risks...

all said and done.. I'm well and so are all children. your husband has past his most contagious stage before any symptoms have come up...

and of course .. get him some Tamiflu tablets if he's not already taking them..

good luck.. by the 10th Aug.. I'm sure you'll find you will all be fine.xx

google the Health Protection Agency if you want to confirm what I've been told.. I got this info from a Senior Nurse..xx

flora
29-07-2009, 10:15 AM
i had swine flu emma and i was told to close by my gp.

tbh though i couldn't have worked as i felt too rough:thumbsup:

not sure about your situation, i would inform parents and prob stay open if had been dh. i would have banished him to the bedroom too :D

Blaze
29-07-2009, 10:22 AM
We were quarantined for 7 days (not even allowed to open the front door) & as each of us have fallen ill it's been extended for a further 7 days...we're free on Friday - & we've all had it now!

little treasure
04-11-2009, 09:54 PM
my little girl had it i had to close for 2 weeks cost me a fortune and none of my insurances covered me had really conflicting info thou about how long i had to stay shut for. lots about how long before my daughter was clear but conflicting about how long setting had to shut for. Also childrens centre near me had cases in there setting but they could stay open how does that workx:clapping: