PDA

View Full Version : what to do the rest of the week?????

chewy sweets
28-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Had my first mindee start yestarday. Had a weeks worth of activities, games and fun things to do all planned out. His attention span is terrible and in short - we've done everything in 2 days!!!
Worried now he'll get bored. Need inspiration for things to keep him occupied.
He's the type of child that stats doing something and 2 mins later he says- I'M BORED!
Any ideas???

sweets
28-07-2009, 09:10 PM
How old is he? sometimes it does them good to be bored! lol. they have to learn to make their own games up and amuse themselves for a bit.

green puppy
28-07-2009, 09:11 PM
How old is mindee?

Tinglesnark
28-07-2009, 09:11 PM
hmmmmmmm how old is he chick?

chewy sweets
28-07-2009, 09:13 PM
he's 6. We've been for long walks, Painted, dressed up. Any toy i have he's played with it!!!

rachelle
28-07-2009, 09:14 PM
how old?

my 2 6 year olds have spent ages playing in a camp under the table today and making a rubbish dump (involves all the toys goinjg on the back of the sofas - deeeeeep breath!) in the front room. They are also into magnatex - although I went to prainse them for their concentration etc and they said "d oyou like our stink machine?!":rolleyes:

clay (air drying) lasts ages as an activity here too. Paper boats to float in the water play tray/bath

gloop?

good luck :)

green puppy
28-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Lego, a large box and turn it into a car, ship, rocket, fort, junk modelling, papier mache, making dens, treasure hunt, meccano, park, I'm sure someone will have more ideas. I often google activities for the age I want and see what comes up.

The Juggler
28-07-2009, 09:56 PM
once he's more used to you he'll probably enjoy just chatting about what he's doing. He may just feel a little insecure and so wants to be doing stuff all the time rather than just 'being'.

What about a visit to library. Or, a game with you, board game/jenga, uno - my kids that age love to try and beat me at card games. Even noughts and crosses.

Let him choose. Say, cooking choose recipe, go shopping, let him get items then cook together.