PDA

View Full Version : working tax credit

carla
28-07-2009, 08:17 PM
Can Ijust check someting with you.I look after bro and sis twice a week from 7am til 5,15pm. Mum is a nurse dad is a fork lift truck driver. Mum works shifts, and she tells me in advance when her hrs are. Now at the end of Aug, she is working nights, which means she doesnt need me, for that week. What should i do, how does working tax credit work, how much do people earn? I dont wanna loose out on a weeks wages. can she claim money for that week and give to me? I dont understand it? what is to stop her from pocketing that money for the week herself?

Hebs
28-07-2009, 08:20 PM
she pays full fee as she's paying for the space :thumbsup:

sweets
28-07-2009, 08:22 PM
Hi i think you mean child tax credits. working tax credits is for people who don't have children and are on a low wage. Child tax credits are given to parents to help pay for childcare but i'm not sure how they work! sorry

Playmate
28-07-2009, 08:24 PM
you should really have this agreed in your contract, but I agree with Hebs. If she is claiming tax credits she will get them 52 wks of the year.

carla
28-07-2009, 08:27 PM
I thought it was working tax credit you get to pay towards childcare? i get paid child tax money but my sons dont go into childcare?
sorry am very confused.

sweets
28-07-2009, 08:30 PM
I thought it was working tax credit you get to pay towards childcare? i get paid child tax money but my sons dont go into childcare?
sorry am very confused.

Me too now ! lol.
i get working tax credits as i have no children and CM doesn't pay much by the time expenses are taken off.

Dreean
28-07-2009, 08:31 PM
She should have worked out her average child care on a weekly basis to apply for the child tax credits so they will still be paying her. The money is to help towards childcare. You need to ensure you have a contract/agreement in place to ensure you still get paid as you will be holding the space for her so she will need to pay either full fees or a retainer depending on what you agree to.

Hope that helps, good luck!

Noodles
28-07-2009, 08:33 PM
sorry am very confused.

Yeh you can get working tax credits if you have children and are on a low wage.

It is the childcare element you get to pay for childcare costs again depending on income.
And the there is tax credits which u are also entitled to up to a certain income

Hebs
28-07-2009, 08:34 PM
if you are working everyone (not just childless couples) can get working tax (depending on your wage)

people with children get child tax which may or may not include a childcare element, if you get help with childcare its added on to your child tax credits

HTH :D

Dreean
28-07-2009, 08:34 PM
If you have children you get child Benefit regardless.
You can claim Working tax credit if you work more than 16hrs a week (don't need children)
And you can claim child tax credit which can include help towards the cost of childcare if they are registered.

(heheh recently just filled in my form!)