PDA

View Full Version : Soft toys and swine flu guidance

andreaschildcare
28-07-2009, 07:59 PM
Just seen this

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090728/thl-soft-toys-flu-risk-schools-told-d831572.html

Ruth Saxelbye
28-07-2009, 08:20 PM
Interesting, but its impossible to avoid all toys being shared, and that would be the only way to stop any spreading of germs or cross contamination. Maybe we should have different toys for individual children, that would be fun!

sweets
28-07-2009, 08:55 PM
Or we could just put them in seperate rooms! lol:laughing:

miffy
28-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Pretty impossible to stop children touching toys that others have touched :panic:

Miffy xx

Helen79
28-07-2009, 09:08 PM
They'll have to come & wrestle with ds to get his teddy off him :panic:

At least dd would be able to fit in her bed if I took all her soft toys off lol

Winnie
28-07-2009, 09:12 PM
I'm using the dettol anti bac aerosol on all the hard surfaces (the soft toys get a light spray on Fridays- its not designed for soft toys but heck i need to do something & they are surface wash only!) in the playroom, dettol spray smells of apples :) I'm using another 'kills 99%' spray on the nappy changer and another on the kitchen worktops :) lots of lovely dead bugs here :laughing: ooo, almost forgot, i spray the toilet/handle/door handle too :thumbsup:

not that i'm paranoid :panic:

Blaze
28-07-2009, 09:27 PM
LOL at the 99% - Swine flu is new so likely to be in the 1% they don't kill! On my pandemic training they told us back to basics with good old fashioned hot water & soap/dettol! (Steam / Freeze soft toys).:thumbsup:

Winnie
28-07-2009, 09:33 PM
LOL at the 99% - Swine flu is new so likely to be in the 1% they don't kill! On my pandemic training they told us back to basics with good old fashioned hot water & soap/dettol! (Steam / Freeze soft toys).:thumbsup:

You've had Pandemic training?? :eek: bet you do not live in West Sussex.....bet our pandemic training rolls out in the spring next year :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

cher25
28-07-2009, 11:16 PM
Just noticed this post after having placed it myself in the lounge. lol

Guess we will be having to clean each toy everytime it get's passed to another child now. I don't have any soft toys out at the minute, so maybe ill keep it that way for a while. Although my mindee's are brother's so if 1 catches it, then there's always the chance of the other getting it from home anyway.