PDA

View Full Version : Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Daddy Day Care
28-07-2009, 03:30 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I've had an enquiry from a parent wanting to care for her son Mon - Thurs all day from september and she wnats to come visit me on friday :panic: :eek: :panic:

I thought I was ready untill she asked to come see me now i know im not, iv'e got so much to do, I know i'll blow it, :panic: :panic: I've not even replied to her yet im to nervous.

She lives in one of the nicest areas of town, and well lets just say my area isnt. This would be absolutley ideal for me, but doubt it will happen.

Thought getting my first enquiry would be the best feeling in the world but its not its the worst :panic: :panic: lol

Helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Gareth
xx

Hebs
28-07-2009, 03:32 PM
relax

you'll be fine :thumbsup:

Blaze
28-07-2009, 03:40 PM
Relax! Make a list of what you need to do then decide how long you need to get it sorted - them reply to her saying you can't do this Friday unfortunately & suggest a day next week - that gives you more time - then get on with your to do list!:thumbsup:

It's a small world
28-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I've had an enquiry from a parent wanting to care for her son Mon - Thurs all day from september and she wnats to come visit me on friday :panic: :eek: :panic:

I thought I was ready untill she asked to come see me now i know im not, iv'e got so much to do, I know i'll blow it, :panic: :panic: I've not even replied to her yet im to nervous.

She lives in one of the nicest areas of town, and well lets just say my area isnt. This would be absolutley ideal for me, but doubt it will happen.

Thought getting my first enquiry would be the best feeling in the world but its not its the worst :panic: :panic: lol

Helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Gareth
xx

Don't panic. Where people live doesn't make a difference remember that you are just as good as anyone else and she must think that to have got in touch with you.
You will be fine I'm sure you will impress...
Hope it goes well Kx:thumbsup:

~Chelle~
28-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Calm down and relax, this is what you have been waiting for.

Just be yourself!

Now hurry up and reply or she will think you are not interested!

Good luck and let us know how you get on xx

cabby
28-07-2009, 03:46 PM
take a deep breath and relax:)

just be yourself and you'll be fine:) :)

shellib
28-07-2009, 03:49 PM
Yes i'd phone her just to let her know your stil interested...if she seems chatty have a talk with her over the phone, knowing some more details will put you more at ease, just go for it you'l be fine! ;)

cuffleygirl
28-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Don't be such a snob - she knows your address when she made the appointment!

You are confident, knowledge-able and caring that comes over in your posts - so what have you got to worry about? You'll do just fine!

Polly2
28-07-2009, 04:00 PM
CALM DOWN :D you will be fine!!

sweets
28-07-2009, 04:05 PM
It doesn't matter where you live! one of my mindees lives in a MASSIVE house, its huge! in an affluent area. i live in a little (and i mean little) 2 bed terrace near to town! Mindees mum loves my house and says its cosy and how handy i am to town.
Its always scary meeting parents first time, but never as bad as you imagine its going to be! Just relax let them take you as they find you and look foward to the work! lol

cs01
28-07-2009, 04:06 PM
I would reply asap as she might call more than one cm and someone else might snap them up!
Good luck!

Spangles
28-07-2009, 04:22 PM
Try not to worry.

I think that the most important thing to a potential customer is that they like you and know that they can trust you and I'm sure that will come across as you chat.

Think about all the things you would want to know if it was the other way around and tell her about them - ie. safety, activities, healthy foods, sleeping, etc.

I bet you'll be great! I'll be thinking of you and sending you positive thoughts!

newandlearning
28-07-2009, 04:35 PM
Firstly.. that's great news .. reply and have her come around...xx

when I was first registered I had someone come around who loved my
house because it 'felt' home-y... its not the area that matters its the
connection you both feel when you first meet... if you haven't already
I would suggest putting together a bit of a Parent Handbook.. this can say:
- a bit about you..
- what you plan to offer
- rates and what's included
- holidays/sickness
- settling in period

have a look at the Bromley Childminding website if you haven't already
done so.. there are some great policies on there which may help you figure
what you want to offer.. (excuse me if I'm telling you stuff you already know)..

reply to her email now if you haven't already.. and let us know what happens.. good luck!x

Jules27
28-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Reply NOW and get her round ASAP!!! You will never be 'ready' for that 1st visit!!! You don't want her visiting someone else 1st and signing up - get in there, be yourself and you will be fine!! xx:D

FussyElmo
28-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Reply whats the worse that could happen - she chooses someone else. But at least you will have the dreaded first visit over:)

PixiePetal
28-07-2009, 04:52 PM
:thumbsup: Go for it :clapping: Have you rung her back yet??

Don't worry about where you live. My town is full of people with money and big houses - I am not one of them :rolleyes: But I am good at my job and understand children.

I have looked after many children from well off families and they still give us the same niggles as anyone else - non payent, late pick ups etc and same good points too - nice kids and pressies on birthdays. Think positive and phone her :laughing:

sonia ann
28-07-2009, 05:03 PM
same as all the above replies gareth.....just be yourself....if its meant to be it will be fine....just relax....the anticipation is always the worst bit.....remember its your home they will be nervous as well:thumbsup:

angiemog
28-07-2009, 05:04 PM
Hi ya,
I was so nevous when I met my 1st parents what really shocked me was they said they were so nervous about meeting me! I assumed they would be ok as there were two of them and only me. It is very nerve racking but will be fine.... honest! x

Twinkles
28-07-2009, 05:09 PM
and breathe..........................

I agree , stay calm , she knows where you live and doesn't care. I couldn't care less where people live or how big/posh their house is and it sounds like she feels the same. All interviews are good experience. Call her now !

ORKSIE
28-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Cant add any more its all been said apart from :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Good Luck DDC:)

charleyfarley
28-07-2009, 05:12 PM
Well done GARETH :clapping: :clapping:

Firstly keep calm and reply before she thinks you aren't interested :thumbsup:
Then get your parent pack ready, make sure it's up to date (something I need to do).

When she is with you relax, just be yourself and don't be scared cos she comes from a nice area.

Fingers crossed for you :thumbsup:

Carol xx

nannymcflea
28-07-2009, 05:25 PM
Just wanted to wish you luck. The first visit is always daunting but this is what you have been waiting for,go for it.

childmind04
28-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Just be yourself and you will be fine, i think the fact that he is prepared to come and see you says she is a positive person and one who will look for someone who she feels is right for her child :)

good luck and keep us posted :)

Jellytotzjulia
28-07-2009, 05:27 PM
Go for it, just get intouch & let her come round on friday otherwise it will take over your family weekend worrying about it:panic: ,it'll be over & done with.:jump for joy:

You're ready, you're ready, repeat after me, you're ready:thumbsup:

haribo
28-07-2009, 05:28 PM
it doesnt matter where you live or how big your house is its what you do in it that counts! i live in a terrace house and used to mind a lo from the biggest house ive ever seen , they used to come in on a morning and say how warm and cosy it felt and their house was draughty lol( i used to feel like saying ill swap you lol) so dont worry .. anyway shes probably liking the fact your a man and can have a male influence (am i allowed to say that dont mean to be sexist) i bet that means more to her than your neighbourhood :thumbsup: good luck x

Daddy Day Care
28-07-2009, 05:42 PM
Thanks for all your replies made me feel much better, still nervous as hell tho lol.

The thing is she didnt contact me, She got a friend and fellow minders T details from the cis website. She e-mailed her but T is full at the moment she e-mailed back saying she knew someone who had spaces and she would pass on there e-mail adress to them, that person being me.

So I contacted her yesterday via e-mail and she replied today asking if she could come and visit me.

Most of my childminder friends if not all all have big lovley houses they own where as we rent a small tiny place, this always worries me, i know it shouldnt, its a warm, clean child friendly place pakced to the roof with toys, and im fantastic with kids, so I know the house shouldnt matter but i always feel as if it does.

But anyway Iv'e replied to her wouldnt dare not after all your messages, and will see her on friday.

My parent pack is almost complete I happend to have been updating a few of my policies this week, I am meeting my development worker tomorrow for the first time so will get her to have a look at it to see if I need to add/remove anything.

Thanks for all your nice messages, what would i do witohut you all

Gareth
xx

Daddy Day Care
28-07-2009, 05:43 PM
it doesnt matter where you live or how big your house is its what you do in it that counts! i live in a terrace house and used to mind a lo from the biggest house ive ever seen , they used to come in on a morning and say how warm and cosy it felt and their house was draughty lol( i used to feel like saying ill swap you lol) so dont worry .. anyway shes probably liking the fact your a man and can have a male influence (am i allowed to say that dont mean to be sexist) i bet that means more to her than your neighbourhood :thumbsup: good luck x

I hope thats not being sexist becasue that was gonig to be one of my main advertising points

Bazza
28-07-2009, 05:54 PM
Speaking as a parent, i would not care where you live, it is your service that is important! Dont do yourself down.

Be honest about being nervous, im sure she will appreciate it.

Good luck. I hope it goes well for you.:)

Roseolivia
28-07-2009, 05:59 PM
You'll be fine, don't panic. Just remember it's your business and you're the boss. Ofsted wouldn't of registered you if you or your house weren't suitable. I've got my fingers crossed. I used to be really nervous but now i'm not desperate for mindees i don't worry. Parents have to take me as i am.

Cammie Doodle
28-07-2009, 06:09 PM
Good Luck Gareth

haribo
28-07-2009, 06:23 PM
I hope thats not being sexist becasue that was gonig to be one of my main advertising points

good i agree its a great one :thumbsup: good luck x

Gizmo
28-07-2009, 06:27 PM
Good luck you will be fine :thumbsup:

emler
28-07-2009, 06:41 PM
Glad to hear you emailed her back & arranged to meet. Good luck on Friday :thumbsup:

Tam's Tribe
28-07-2009, 06:41 PM
Gareth . . . relax, calm down and breathe!!

Make the call and go get em . . . you can do it . . . the most important thing is that the child is happy with you, not the size of the house, etc. Sell yourself babes . . . you know you can, you know you can, you know you can . . .

p.s. Oh, just one piece of advice, NO JOKE TELLING!!!!! :laughing:

Tam's Tribe
28-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Its a mad house here (between all phones ringing, kids and hubby wanting to buy a new truck) . . . I start my post full of encouragement and by the time I am left alone to finish and send it . . . you have already contacted potential customer . . .

WELL DONE YOU!!!!!

helenlc
28-07-2009, 06:45 PM

Thats your unique selling point and remember it and use it.

I live in a rubbish part of my area and we rent our house from a Housing Association, so you're not alone there.

I have had 4 enquiries in the last few weeks and all wanted me despite where I live and what I live in. Like yours my house and my garden are child orienated and that is the most important thing.

A cm friend of mine lives in her own large house and has a poky garden and just a child's plastic table and chairs. There seemsd no other evidence that she looks after children in there.

She will probably be just as nervous at the idea of leaving her child. You just need to be yourself and sell yourself so that she has no desire to take her child anywhere else.

Good luck!!!:thumbsup:

:group hug:

tigger
28-07-2009, 06:55 PM
Get her round and show her how good you are. I'm sure she'll love you and your setting. Don't waste anymore time and call her.

Mollymop
28-07-2009, 07:00 PM
The first enquiry is always the worst but try not to worry about it! I am sure you will be absolutely fine. Just be yourself.

Allie
28-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Don't expect them to want you to know everything, you will know more about it than they do.

If you are not sure about anything tell them you will need to think about.... don't agree to do something you later regret otherwise remember it get easier every time

Allie

Tatjana
28-07-2009, 07:17 PM
You'll be fine once she arrives, it's the before bit that's nerve racking!

I can't imagine for a minute that she'll ask whether you rent or own your home! ...why would it matter anyway?!

Good luck :thumbsup:
xx

Chell
28-07-2009, 09:19 PM
If the area you live in was likely to put her off then she wouldn't have arranged to meet with you on Friday.

I'm sure you will be fine in the day, I worry like mad about things then afterwards wonder why I worried so much. :o

ZoeAlli
28-07-2009, 09:34 PM
Thanks for all your replies made me feel much better, still nervous as hell tho lol.

The thing is she didnt contact me, She got a friend and fellow minders T details from the cis website. She e-mailed her but T is full at the moment she e-mailed back saying she knew someone who had spaces and she would pass on there e-mail adress to them, that person being me.

So I contacted her yesterday via e-mail and she replied today asking if she could come and visit me.

Most of my childminder friends if not all all have big lovley houses they own where as we rent a small tiny place, this always worries me, i know it shouldnt, its a warm, clean child friendly place pakced to the roof with toys, and im fantastic with kids, so I know the house shouldnt matter but i always feel as if it does.

But anyway Iv'e replied to her wouldnt dare not after all your messages, and will see her on friday.

My parent pack is almost complete I happend to have been updating a few of my policies this week, I am meeting my development worker tomorrow for the first time so will get her to have a look at it to see if I need to add/remove anything.

Thanks for all your nice messages, what would i do witohut you all

Gareth
xx

Sounds like you are more ready than you gave yourself credit for!! It was probably that initial contact that made you panic, I think we've all been there!
The parent shouldn't be looking at the size of the house- just what matters, which is how you respond to her and her child and whether the child appears happy!! As well of course all the other wonderful things you have to offer!!
Anyway all the best- hope it goes well, let us all know how you get on!! :thumbsup:

Zoe

Trouble
28-07-2009, 11:26 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

good luck and relax youll be fine:thumbsup:

Monkey1
29-07-2009, 06:08 AM
Good luck Gareth, fingers crossed for you!

mandy moo
29-07-2009, 08:45 AM
Good luck for Friday, Gareth, deep breaths remember:D

Playmate
29-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Be a man Gareth and be brave :D (sorry very sexist, hubby will kill me when he see's this)
Don't worry about the area you live in, You should see parts of the estate we live on , but we still manage to recruit mindees from some the posh out skirts!
Good luck!!

PixiePetal
29-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Good for you Gareth :thumbsup:

Hope it all goes well and you are soon up and running, there will be no stopping you soon :laughing:

Daddy Day Care
30-07-2009, 01:58 PM
Well I dont have to worry no more recieved this e-mail today :angry:

Hi Gareth

Sorry for taking so long to reply. Unfortunately after looking at distances, I don’t think we are in the right location to be able to use your service. We live on the ******, and I work in Northampton. I have to work from 9.00am until 5.30pm, and having to come into town and back twice a day, in rush hour traffic is going to be difficult time wise, and add quite a bit of time to my journey.
I am now looking at childminders either on the ******** or on route to Northampton. If the situation changes, or I am unable to find suitable care and have to reconsider my options, I will certainly contact you.

Kind regards

Well from her house to mine it takes less than 5 minutes in a car so what a load of :censored:
She doesnt know I dont drive, she could have asked me to pick her child up.

Looks like I was right, the onlyt reason I can think of her not commnig is because of where i live, she will struggle to get anyonce closer to her than me.

Wish I had some lager in the fridge really need a couple of cans (wifes day off today wouldnt drink this early if i had kids on my won before you all look shocked).

Refrained form sending her a nasty message back tho, just thnaked her for letting me know and wished her luck in her search for a suitable childminder.

I didnt expect to get the job but getting the first parent meeting out of the way would have been nice, but cant even get them in my home :mad:

Back to wishing that the phone will ring now I guess

Gareth

angiemog
30-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Oh sorry.......Fingers crossed that you get another call. Take Care xx

It's a small world
30-07-2009, 02:38 PM
Did write earlier but obviously didn't log as Pauline was working on forum.

Anyway sorry about your news. Fingers crossed now we have both joined NCA we will be inundated with calls and mindees :laughing: :laughing:

If not we can always join forces perhaps somewhere in bewteen us both !!!!!

Keep smiling I'm sure things will improve soon.. One thing we do get to chat on here more often..although as nice as you are it would be nice to earn some pennies lol......

Take care and don't get too disheartened its her loss not yours...:)

I'm fine by the way bit tired from working late last night (waitress before anyone says anything lol ) But ok. x

cabby
30-07-2009, 03:00 PM
its you that will looking after her kids, not your house:)

:thumbsup: good luck you'll be fine :thumbsup:

Daddy Day Care
30-07-2009, 03:24 PM
Did write earlier but obviously didn't log as Pauline was working on forum.

Anyway sorry about your news. Fingers crossed now we have both joined NCA we will be inundated with calls and mindees :laughing: :laughing:

If not we can always join forces perhaps somewhere in bewteen us both !!!!!

Keep smiling I'm sure things will improve soon.. One thing we do get to chat on here more often..although as nice as you are it would be nice to earn some pennies lol......

Take care and don't get too disheartened its her loss not yours...:)

I'm fine by the way bit tired from working late last night (waitress before anyone says anything lol ) But ok. x

If things carry on like this, ill be after a nighttime job, and I dont mean being a waiter

Yeah being to chat on here is a bonus, wonder if pauline would pay me a little per post i make?

Gareth
xx

Daddy Day Care
30-07-2009, 03:25 PM
its you that will looking after her kids, not your house:)

:thumbsup: good luck you'll be fine :thumbsup:

psssttttttttt karen dont think you saw my last post she canceled the visit saying that the 5 minute journey to my house was to far for her to drive

Gareth
xx

It's a small world
30-07-2009, 03:32 PM
If things carry on like this, ill be after a nighttime job, and I dont mean being a waiter

Yeah being to chat on here is a bonus, wonder if pauline would pay me a little per post i make?

Gareth
xx

Could make a fortune :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I make ok tips...don't want to waitress forever. Miss putting boys to bed and work most Fri/Sat nights...:(

miffy
30-07-2009, 03:32 PM
What a shame Gareth but at least she let you know, many don't!!

Hope the phone rings soon

Miffy xx

~Chelle~
30-07-2009, 03:40 PM
Snobby mare!

There are plenty more fish in the sea, hopefully they will be swimming your way soon :clapping:

I am sorry though x

jaja
30-07-2009, 03:55 PM
good luck and remember your fantastic at what you do xxxx

kellywestie
30-07-2009, 04:55 PM
Sorry to hear this one didn't work out, but at least she had the decency to let you know instead of just not turning up.

Hope things start happening for you soon, and I'm sure that as soon as that first parent walks through the door you'll have no problems selling yourself and what you can offer their child. Keep you chin up and good luck.

LisaMcNally09
30-07-2009, 04:58 PM

Gareth
xx

Out of interest have you leaflet dropped?? I know im not registered yet but ive just leaflet dropped near my school saying ill be registered by mid september (im hoping before ;) )

Lisa

Gizmo
30-07-2009, 04:59 PM
thats a shame but at least she let you know she wasnt coming the last one that called me just didnt turn up at all no call no nothing :angry:

helenlc
31-07-2009, 07:55 AM
but at least she had the decency to let you know instead of just not turning up.

I agree with this. I have had a few who have made appointments and then not turned up. Its so annoying and extremely rude.

I called on lady back and asked where she had got to, she reckoned she had forgot and said she would call to re-schedule and she never did.

Keep on with the advertising. Make sure to drop into conversation with people in the park, children's centre etc that you are a childminder. I do this and have had some enquiries from it. I got some cards made up in a machine in the next town and had them out to people if they show interest.

Good luck and don't be too disheartened.:thumbsup:

cuffleygirl
31-07-2009, 12:51 PM
You don't need flaky parents, enquiries are like buses none for ages then at least three at once - the phone will ring in no time. Quite often September is a time of change and its not far away.

Rubybubbles
31-07-2009, 01:29 PM
I agree with this. I have had a few who have made appointments and then not turned up. Its so annoying and extremely rude.

yep agree big time

I think your feeling a bit parnoid, she wouldn't of emailed back and let you know if not desent;)

Good luck, and don;t panic next time:panic:

Playmate
31-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Really sorry to hear your news, probably no consilation at the moment, but the right one will come along.

jibberjitz
31-07-2009, 08:14 PM
Sounds like you're better off without :) The right mindees are out there:thumbsup:

Lick'le Oakes
31-07-2009, 08:33 PM
When i got my first enquiry boy did i panic. She too didn't come, she did let me know with some lame excuse but anyway the second enqiury i got i didn't panic half as much, it was if it was meant to be got the panic and nerves out of the way first iyswim:D

Cazz
31-07-2009, 11:36 PM
Well it's her loss isn't it?

I'm sure you'll get other enquiries when word gets around.

Keep your chin up! :D

Carole x

LittleAcorns
01-08-2009, 04:40 AM
Hi Gareth, I must admit I used to compare myself to ther minders for what facilities they have ..... then I looked at my house and thought, I have a poky, teeny kitchen...I use an extension as my play room which is open so cant shut the door on all the toys :laughing: my garden is on 3 levels so again cant be 100% sure I can leave the kids for 30 seconds to grab something from the house.....then there is the carpet!!!! or lack of it, we had to rip the playroom and dining room carpet up as the dog and cat wrecked it when they were young, the lounge carpet has so many spilages its embarrassing! (cream carpet + mindees = disaster!! I used to think people would take one look and think nahhhh! but all they've ever been really interested in is me, not my house.

If I could give advice I would say honestly dont worry about your house and please dont compare, Im sure your home is a lovely warm welcoming home, as are you, and that will come across in spades when people come to see you.

take care X

The Juggler
01-08-2009, 07:33 AM
I had the most wonderful second childminder. I left a very loving first childminder who had a large house with big garden but it was pre-ofsted days. Lovely as she was the TV was never off and she'd often tell me how hungy my ds was that day as he'd eaten 5 biscuits. I wasn't happy about those aspects but I never knew any better at the time and was happy he was in a loving environment as that was what was important to me then.

Then I met my next childminder when we moved. She lived on 60's estate (the big circular ones with the massive communal green in the middle), had no garden, a small living room, tiny kitchen and two small bedrooms. Every day she planned and set out the resources beautifully, was lovely to me and kids, gave me daily diary (never seen one before) and always put my kids before anything else. They had more outdoor time than they had had at the other minder, the park, duck ponds, communal get togethers on the green outside with neighbours. I loved her and wouldn't have sent my kids anywhere else. She is what inspired me to become a minder though the worst part was taking my kids out of her care!

You will be fine. You will shine through for the right parents and if they can't see past the superficial things then you don't want to be working with them anyway! They are not good enough for you.

LOL

mandy moo
01-08-2009, 12:40 PM
I had the most wonderful second childminder. I left a very loving first childminder who had a large house with big garden but it was pre-ofsted days. Lovely as she was the TV was never off and she'd often tell me how hungy my ds was that day as he'd eaten 5 biscuits. I wasn't happy about those aspects but I never knew any better at the time and was happy he was in a loving environment as that was what was important to me then.

Then I met my next childminder when we moved. She lived on 60's estate (the big circular ones with the massive communal green in the middle), had no garden, a small living room, tiny kitchen and two small bedrooms. Every day she planned and set out the resources beautifully, was lovely to me and kids, gave me daily diary (never seen one before) and always put my kids before anything else. They had more outdoor time than they had had at the other minder, the park, duck ponds, communal get togethers on the green outside with neighbours. I loved her and wouldn't have sent my kids anywhere else. She is what inspired me to become a minder though the worst part was taking my kids out of her care!

You will be fine. You will shine through for the right parents and if they can't see past the superficial things then you don't want to be working with them anyway! They are not good enough for you.LOL

Here, here
Well said Juggler

Helen Dempster
02-08-2009, 04:48 PM
oh, bless ya! You'll be fine hun. Try and stay focussed and think positive, and as many of the girls here say, just be yourself. I think you'll do great, personally. AND if she's from a nicer part of town(?), she'll have no problem paying on time huh??

GOOD LUCK (but you won't need it) :thumbsup:

Hels x