PDA

View Full Version : Do I have to wait for the certificate?

Minstrel
28-07-2009, 02:17 PM
I have called up to buy my insurance- the lady said to expect to receive the certificate and other bits I ordered within 28 days.

Do i have to wait to get the cert to be insured or am I insured straight away?
Does anybody know?

Daddy Day Care
28-07-2009, 02:18 PM
I hope you covered staright away because ive been advised from childminder friends not to sort my insurance out untill I have a mindee, and then sort it out the day before.

Gareth
xx

Minstrel
28-07-2009, 02:20 PM
I hope you covered staright away because ive been advised from childminder friends not to sort my insurance out untill I have a mindee, and then sort it out the day before.

Gareth
xx

Thats what i've done ... they start Friday but now i'm worried i've left it too late! :panic:

sarah707
28-07-2009, 05:20 PM
You could give them a ring and check if you are worried... :D

Minstrel
28-07-2009, 05:29 PM
I know I should've asked at the time, i forgot. I'm a plank.

Spent the rest of the afternoon chasing up FIS because I sent back form with all details on about 3 weeks ago. Apparently they didn't upload me onto the website because they have no record of me registering whatsoever. Explains why my friend who reg'd at the same time has had DO out and NCMA lady out with freebies whilst i've heard diddly squat!

Just wondered if anyone else had asked them and what they said?

PixiePetal
28-07-2009, 05:30 PM
Should be fine, as Sarah said, give them a ring.

I need to change mine as we are moving and can't till I get certificate from Ofsted for new address. NCMA said they could change it immediatly to new address.

When they forgot to send me a reminder and it ran out once :eek: , I phoned to sort it and they sent a cover note till proper certificate arrived. That arrived in 3 days.

Alibali
28-07-2009, 05:31 PM
I know with the SCMA you are covered immediately, I imagine it will be the same elsewhere

Minstrel
28-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Thank you all.
I gathered I was covered as its probably the same as car insurance etc x

Tatjana
29-07-2009, 08:53 PM
When I phoned to do my insurance they asked when I wanted to start it from and they gave me my policy number.

xx

Minstrel
29-07-2009, 08:56 PM

zillervalley
29-07-2009, 08:56 PM
I guess you are covered straight away, cant remember that far back when i took it out, they just send me a renewal and I phone in to pay

ziller

miffy
29-07-2009, 08:58 PM
I assume you're covered as soon as you pay for it but double check to make sure!

Miffy xx

Minstrel
29-07-2009, 08:59 PM
I assume you're covered as soon as you pay for it but double check to make sure!

Miffy xx

I'll give them a call in the morning to double check :thumbsup:

karenpriest2000
10-08-2009, 03:47 PM
I did my insurance today through NCMA and they told me i was insured from today. Which was good as i start minding nxt week.

It's a small world
10-08-2009, 07:06 PM
I did my insurance with NCMA the lady I spoke to asked what day I wanted my insurance to start from and said I would be covered from that day. My certificate came the following week with paperweork ordered...

If unsure, call the people who your insurance is with and double check

Mollymop
10-08-2009, 07:25 PM
I think you are insured, after all you have paid for it and are just waiting (as always with NCMA) for your cert