PDA

View Full Version : Help re:Certificate

zippy04
28-07-2009, 02:10 PM
HI all sorry not posted much before.:blush:

My son starts full time school in september, so I sent an e-mail to Ofsted to ask if my Certificate could be updated as he would be a rising 5, So I thought I would be able to have 3 under 5 sort of thing.

I have two children 4 and 7 so my number are

May care for no more than 4 children under 8, of these not more than 2 in the early years age group and of these not more than 1 may be under 1

This is what I have at the moment, but then it says:

* When caring for 4 or 5 year old children who are in full time education, may increase the number in the early years age group by the number of children in full time education, providing the maximum number is not exceeded. *

I look after
2 year old
4 year old full time in september
4year old son full time school in september
6 year old Part time
7 year old daughter

Has anyone else had this I'm a bit confused with it now?lol

Sorry if this has been asked before, might have to ring Ofsted up.

Thank you soooo much if any one can help me xx

angiemog
28-07-2009, 03:05 PM
I understand it to mean when your 4/5 year olds start full time school you can then increase your under 5s to your maximum which will be 3 in total. Your 4 year olds basically count as an over 5 when they start full time school. Hope I have explained it right! xx

zippy04
28-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Hiya thank you very much for getting back to me!, that's what I was thinking but wasn't 100% didn't want to go over my early years numbers lol thanks again x :thumbsup:

Tired
28-07-2009, 06:10 PM
well, I think Angiemog is partly correct. You can have up to 3 under 5 once you child is in school full time.

However, if you took on 2 more under 5s you would have 7 under 8 so that would be over your numbers, assuming you had them all after school and school holidays.

tigger
28-07-2009, 06:45 PM
I have this problem aswell. I thought that since my lo started school in January this year and was 5 in December I could increase my under 5's by 1 so I could have 3. When I phoned to confirm this with Ofsted one person said no I couldn't and one person said yes I could. Not sure what to do next so sent the Inspection team the question via email so am waiting an answer. I'm sure that you can increase the under 5's by the number that have gone to full time school and as long as you don't go over your maximum of 5 under 8's you're alright. When I finally get an answer I'll let you know. Mind you, you might get a definate answer before me.:thumbsup:

zippy04
29-07-2009, 09:00 PM
Thank you for your reply's I know I can't go over my numbers.............. Thanks again :)

zillervalley
29-07-2009, 09:09 PM
I think that leanne is saying that if you took them on between school times its ok, but before and after shool and the school hols your numbers would be wrong
i might be wrong though

ziller