PDA

View Full Version : Tax Credits...............

Hebs
28-07-2009, 12:48 PM
have just phoned and asked me how much each child on my books is paying for childcare.

is this normal??

Gherkin
28-07-2009, 12:52 PM
I had heard rumours that they did this but you are the first person who I have heard of them actually calling.

brightstar
28-07-2009, 12:56 PM
If they phone me, I will tell them my hourly rate, but I wouldn't go into details about individual children. I would ask them to put it in writing, after all it could be anyone on the other end of the phone and we have to observe parent/child confidentiality. There are so many scams and fraud going on and I am probably being over cautious, but better that than land myself in a whole heap of trouble!

Noodles
28-07-2009, 12:59 PM
If they phone me, I will tell them my hourly rate, but I wouldn't go into details about individual children. I would ask them to put it in writing, after all it could be anyone on the other end of the phone and we have to observe parent/child confidentiality. There are so many scams and fraud going on and I am probably being over cautious, but better that than land myself in a whole heap of trouble!

I agree with above i never give anything out over the phone tell them to put everything down in writing and post out to you.

If it was tax credits they would only be interested in costs of people claiming the childcare element not all children on your books.

Hebs
28-07-2009, 12:59 PM
never thought of that :panic:

OMG should i ring them?

but then again how would they know the names DOB and adresses of each of the children??

Hebs
28-07-2009, 01:00 PM
If it was tax credits they would only be interested in costs of people claiming the childcare element not all children on your books.

all of them claim tax credits, it was just a random "oh give me the info"

they stated each childs name/dob/address

oh well too late now will know in future :(

FussyElmo
28-07-2009, 01:38 PM
Hopefully seeing as they stated the childs details it should be above. I think that the parents have to give the details of the children they are claiming for - may be wrong here but sure you do.

fionamal
28-07-2009, 02:36 PM
Ive had this type of call a few times now. Normally its when they are invesstigating the person to make sure its not a false claim. In my case the parent was claiming for 5 full days per week and 52 weeks per year when infact it was 4 hours per day termtime only, so she got caught and has had to payback money to them.

Hebs
28-07-2009, 02:45 PM
well one set has left (and i informed them when they did :rolleyes: )

and the other...... hmm maybe she has claimed a false ammount and they are sus??

peanuts
28-07-2009, 03:03 PM
i got contacted a few years ago now asking what hours/days the child came. Told parent when they picked up that they had been ont he phone asking. This was only because she had oup local mp taking up her case.

Jellytotzjulia
28-07-2009, 03:10 PM
hi, this is only my 2nd post on here,so hope don,t mind me joining in :littleangel: ,

I had this phone call a few years ago, with a parent who hadn't payed for a few weeks then left me £200 down, I explained to tax credits when they rung that i hadn't had the child for quite a few months& parent had left with a £200 debt!! the parent then approached me in the playground to ask "was I :censored: happy with myself as she had to pay all the :censored: money back", including the few months i hadn't had her daughter but she still claimed. :thumbsup:

so just be ready for a parent not being happy with you if you,ve ruffled them claiming more.

Julia

Hebs
28-07-2009, 03:16 PM
should i tell mum??

youarewhatyoueat
28-07-2009, 03:50 PM
You will find that they ring much more now, apparently up to twice a year to check up children that are claimed for are still with us,it was announced last week.

Hebs
28-07-2009, 03:52 PM
You will find that they ring much more now, apparently up to twice a year to check up children that are claimed for are still with us,it was announced last week.

i know i saw the post but can't find it now :panic:

sarah707
28-07-2009, 05:12 PM
should i tell mum??

I told an ex-parent recently when I got a phone call checking amounts from Tax Credits and he went a strange colour :laughing:

Hebs
28-07-2009, 05:22 PM
just spoke to mum,

she's in a flap cos "she can't remember what she told them"

oh well, not my fault :rolleyes:

louloudi
28-07-2009, 09:01 PM
Im sure when they first introduced tax credits the childcare provider had to fill in the paperwork for parents, this was certainly my experience when my ds was in daycare.

Why did they change it?

Tbh I was a little surprised when I started minding when parents asked me for my EY No. in order to claim. I bet there is a few hundred thousands pounds worth of fraud commited here because of this each year!:eek: