PDA

View Full Version : Inspection times

Bex1
28-07-2009, 09:38 AM
Hello

Just quickie, when Inspector calls to make arrangements to visit, do they say it will be within next so many days? I only work at the mo 3 hours on a mon and tues and all day thursday so if she turns up on a wed then I wont have any kiddies!!!

Also I think I am going to be getting call shortly but I am on lots of leave during Aug so what happens?

Becky

cs01
28-07-2009, 09:55 AM
Hi

Ofsted contacted me within a few weeks of registering me to see what days I worked with any under 5's. They then said I would be inspected within the next 4-5 months. When I got the call to say they wanted to come and inspect me, they asked if I was still working the same days and said they would be coming within the next 5 working days.

If you are going to be away, then tell them that when they call and they may suggest a date for when you get back.

They are usually good at giving you notice.

cuffleygirl
28-07-2009, 12:41 PM
They usually contact a little in advance usually not more than a week or so, otherwise they have a wasted visit if they arrive to find you on holiday or with no mindee's that day. Good luck - waiting is the worst bit!

Ruth Saxelbye
28-07-2009, 05:45 PM
When OFSTED have contacted me they have always asked what days am I childminding during the following week and when will I be at home. I always limit it down to two mornings, so they come when I want them too, I say Im out or not working.

hello kitty
28-07-2009, 05:48 PM
When OFSTED have contacted me they have always asked what days am I childminding during the following week and when will I be at home. I always limit it down to two mornings, so they come when I want them too, I say Im out or not working.

Me too. I don't want to wait around on tenter hooks all week! :laughing:

MissTinkerbell
10-08-2009, 04:51 PM
When she contacted me she asked if I had any under 5s and what days I had her. She also asked what days were we at home and did we go to any groups. I said that Tuesday was only day that we were in and she then said that she wasn't free on a Tues for 3 weeks so she booked it in for 3 weeks time - what a nightmare wait that was.

grindal
10-08-2009, 05:13 PM
My inspector phoned me on Thurs pm and arrived at 9.30am the next day.:eek: :eek:

It's a small world
10-08-2009, 07:55 PM
I would like a few days notice but then I probably wouldnt sleep...either way
just want it to bgo well and get at least a good.

Good luck hope all goes well..:thumbsup:

ZoeAlli
10-08-2009, 08:20 PM
When the inspector has called they usually ask what days you work, whether you have any under 5's and give you a little notice.
The waiting is the worst!!!:(
:)