PDA

View Full Version : My website please tell me what you think....

jemima
28-07-2009, 08:33 AM
H everyone I got my ofsted certificate last week :clapping: :eek: :clapping: and I am now advertising. Please could you take a look at my website and tell me what you think?
Thanks
Emma x

www.freewebs.com/emmawilsonchildminding

Alibali
28-07-2009, 06:40 PM
Looks great, well done.

manjay
28-07-2009, 06:45 PM
Lovely site. Well done:thumbsup:

Bazza
28-07-2009, 06:46 PM
I like it!

I create my own sites from scratch mostly and i know how difficult it can be, but i think you have done a really good job with it. It is clear and not too busy so users can focus on the info they need. Loads of info for anyone using the site too. I did not see your rates on there however.

One thing i did notice, and im guessing this is down to your host, is that you have ads on there from various providers (Ebay, O2 etc) but there was one on there that promoted a dating site to "meet hot russian women". It might be worth asking your host if they can disable those kind of ads for you. Some host will only show relevant content.

Otherwise a fine job.

A little tip for you to get better search positions on search engines, if you can edit the page HTML then you should add a site description and keywords in the following fields:

<meta name="keywords" content="You put your keywords here seperated by commas">
<meta name="description" content= "Add a description of your site here">

If you cannot do the HTML its not the end of the world, but it can help people find you easier. It sounds daunting, but its really easy to do.

Edit: You can have different keywords on each page that are relevant to the page content. Make sure all the "childminder, ofsted, registered" etc ones are on your home page. ;)

Otherwise, good luck and hope you get lots of visits!:thumbsup:

ORKSIE
28-07-2009, 06:52 PM
I know nothing about web design, your site looks lovely and very professional:)

jemima
29-07-2009, 01:15 PM
Thanks everyone x

Bazza thanks for your info I am a complete novice to website design I will look into the hot russians thing not happy about that!!!

Tinglesnark
29-07-2009, 04:12 PM
its great! well done! youve done tonnes of work on that site! xxx

It's a small world
29-07-2009, 04:27 PM
looks good to me. I'm too scared to post mine on here not sure it's that good or may have loads wrong or doesn't look professional. Bit of a worrier sometimes as like things to be perfect.

well done you though:clapping:

jemima
29-07-2009, 05:30 PM
Thanks everyone - Kerrie Louise you should post yours on too xxx

Bazza
29-07-2009, 06:30 PM
Thanks everyone x

Bazza thanks for your info I am a complete novice to website design I will look into the hot russians thing not happy about that!!!

No problem. I was a total novice too about 3 months ago. I had no idea where to start with Frontpage but gave it a go and built the site for my (Wifes!) business, Network Nannies.

Since then i have moved into using Wordpress for site design as its easy and really good for getting Google to notice your site. Its really easy to customise too. Im also learning to us CSS which is what powers loads of sites now.

All this on top of working full time, running a business and being a dad to a 15 month old!

Bazza
29-07-2009, 06:36 PM
looks good to me. I'm too scared to post mine on here not sure it's that good or may have loads wrong or doesn't look professional. Bit of a worrier sometimes as like things to be perfect.

Oh go on, post it! If there are any problems im sure everyone here can give you some pointers and help with it. :)

Afterall it is your advertisment for your business!

Daddy Day Care
29-07-2009, 09:56 PM

Surely if there are things wrong with it its better your friends pointing out on here rather than potential customers seeing it??

Im sure it would be fine anyway

Gareth
xx

shelly04
30-07-2009, 03:23 PM
Thats lovely. Well done you

doodles
16-10-2009, 02:47 PM
Love your website Emma, loads of info and very professional! :)