PDA

View Full Version : Would you send your mindee a postcard?

venus89
27-07-2009, 09:11 PM
or buy them a little gift when you go away on holiday?

sweets
27-07-2009, 09:13 PM
I send them a postcard, they love it! i also buy a small gift like a pencil or rubber from where i hav been but it depends how many mindees you have i suppose.

littletreasures
27-07-2009, 09:14 PM
Yes, I do. They love getting them.

I also encourage them to send me one while they're away.

sweets
27-07-2009, 09:15 PM
yes they love it when they see the postcards they have sent on the fridge when they get back:)

Cazz
27-07-2009, 09:18 PM
Oh yes I think I would send a postcard and buy an inexpensive gift.

I love getting postcards too so I'd encourage them to send me one!

Carole x

Twinkles
27-07-2009, 09:21 PM
One of my mindees bought me a lovely bracelet out of her own spending money when she went on holiday a couple of weeks ago so i guess I'd better step up to the mark .......

Ruth Saxelbye
27-07-2009, 09:26 PM
I do, but not all the time. If Im away for a week or more, and they are not away, I do send a postcard. And I do buy a little inexpensive pressie, pencil or toy.

tashaleee
27-07-2009, 10:28 PM
Depends on the age of the child - I recently went on holiday and brought the mindees a present back each, but didnt send postcards

madasahatter
28-07-2009, 05:56 AM
Yes I send postcards but I no longer do gifts. When I first started minding and and the kids were all pretty much the same age I bought a small gift but now with 14 kids on my books and an age range from 0 to 12 it is too time consuming to search for the variety of gifts needed (not to mention the expense). I do try and bring something back from the hols that all children will find interesting and which will add to my minding stuff eg. in Spain I bought a flamenco dress for the dressing up box, last year I collected some small fossils on the beach at Charmouth.

venus89
28-07-2009, 06:47 AM
Thank you all. I'd been wanting to send my mindees a postcard whilst I'm away (next week :clapping: did I tell you? That's only a few days :clapping: ) but wasn't sure whether it was the done thing. I thought the 2 year old who normally comes to me every day and will be going to another minder next week in particular might like to kear from us. xx

charleyfarley
28-07-2009, 06:50 AM
Oohh yes I've always sent postcards to mindees and bought a little gift for them, they love getting them.

Enjoy your holiday :clapping:

Carol xx

amirose
28-07-2009, 06:52 AM
YES! :D

I bought the girls I look after handmade hairbands with thier name on on my holiday :clapping:

miffy
28-07-2009, 06:52 AM
No, haven't ever done that

Have asked mindees to send me a postcard though when they go away so we can make a display of them

Miffy xx

Daftbat
28-07-2009, 07:00 AM
No i have never done it. In my family we stopped buying gifts for anyone from holidays years and years ago. I send family a postcard if i am going away for at least two weeks but nothing else.

We used to spend so much time when i was young looking round for gifts that it interferred with the holiday and the costs got a bit much too. I work so hard all year and i just want to forget work when i am away and concentrate on my own kids.

emler
28-07-2009, 07:02 AM
Yes I usually send them postcards & bring back a little gift too

loocyloo
28-07-2009, 07:53 AM
i usually bring back some sweets or biscuits from where i have been ( if abroad ) or some rock or something if in UK, that we share on the first few days back.

plus, if i see something to 'add' to my setting, i get that too!

xxx

estrelas
28-07-2009, 08:00 AM
I just bought all mine a pressie back but I don't think I would again maybe just some sweets to share x

rickysmiths
28-07-2009, 10:33 AM
Yes I send postcards but I no longer do gifts. When I first started minding and and the kids were all pretty much the same age I bought a small gift but now with 14 kids on my books and an age range from 0 to 12 it is too time consuming to search for the variety of gifts needed (not to mention the expense). I do try and bring something back from the hols that all children will find interesting and which will add to my minding stuff eg. in Spain I bought a flamenco dress for the dressing up box, last year I collected some small fossils on the beach at Charmouth.

I do the same as you, postcards, though I must say I have been away for the last week and this year no one has got cards, I was so exausted this year I wanted to relax. Dh and I had three days at the beginning of the week on our own, our two were away on courses until the Thursday so I really swithched off.

Have have bought some stuff for childminding though. A shelter and lots of books and postcards from the Eden Project and some bits from the Falmouth Maritime Museum so all the children can enjoy them.

Playmate
28-07-2009, 10:56 AM
Gosh No! I've got 15 mindees, when I'm on holiday, I'M ON HOLIDAY! :D

Chimps Childminding
28-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Postcards yes, pressies, depends where I am and if I can find something suitable for ALL the children, sometimes it is difficult to find things to the really little ones without spending a fortune, so then don't buy for any as
its not fair! for example found lovely jewellery for older girls last year but nothing that I thought was suitable for littlies, so sadly older ones didnt get theirs either :(

PixiePetal
28-07-2009, 08:20 PM
Just postcards, for those old enough to appreciate them. Not little babies.

Try and get some biscuits to share when I get back too :thumbsup:

venus89
28-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Just postcards, for those old enough to appreciate them. Not little babies.

Try and get some biscuits to share when I get back too :thumbsup:

I'm glad you said that, beacuse the nearly 3 year old I'd like to, the 2 1/2 year old would appreciate it but neither the 12 month old nor, sadly, his family would care! So it would seem a bit pointless for them....