PDA

View Full Version : Rude word

Lily Grace
27-07-2009, 07:17 PM
Hi I have been looking after a little girl she is 3 1/2 for only 3 weeks and this morning she said "I have learnt a new word it is b******". I tried to just carry on what I was doing and said "ohh right" as I didn't know what to say. She said the same thing to me last week and I thought I must have misheard her as I thought she had said the "B" word and I thought no she couldn't have said that word. Now she has said it twice it is def that word. Do I ignore it, tell the parent or explain that it isn't a nice word.

ORKSIE
27-07-2009, 07:20 PM
Personally I would ignore it, but if it continues just drop into conversation with mum and ask if she might know where it may have come from. They are little Monkeys, cos they must see the expression on our faces when they say a rude word:eek: :laughing:

Minstrel
27-07-2009, 07:21 PM
I would definately tell the parents in case she says it to them and they think she has learnt it at your house.

Usually I would say ignore it but the way she is telling you sounds like she's doing it for attention. I would probably say somehting like ' thats not a nice word and we don't say it at ******'s house. Don't make a huge deal about it but she's def old enough to know that its not something she should be saying.

Minstrel
27-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Ha ha thats gonna confuse you cos we said the exact opposite!

mushpea
27-07-2009, 07:23 PM
i think at that age she is old enough to know or at least learn its not a nice word to say, just say causaly to her that its not a nice word to say and you dont want to hear it again, think you need to say somthing cause think what it would be like if she says it when your out or at a toddler group.

ORKSIE
27-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Ha ha thats gonna confuse you cos we said the exact opposite!

:laughing: :laughing: Lily can take her pick at what to do:D

Helen79
27-07-2009, 07:39 PM
from the way she's said it to you it sounds like an older child has taught her a new rude word. She may not realise it's a naughty word yet so if she says it again I would tell her it's not a word that we say at my house & then ignore it if she keeps doing it for attention.

Definitely mention it to parents incase she says the same thing to them about learning a new word, they may think she's learnt it at your house.

Twinkles
27-07-2009, 07:41 PM
I would mention it to parents and tell them how you will handle it if it happens again so they can do the same as you. It helps if you are both singing from the same hymn sheet.

flora
27-07-2009, 07:43 PM
i would mention it in a low key way to mum/ dad/ whoever.

then it shows you are on the case

show that you are aware and she didn't pick it up from yours

also lets them know in a gentle way that language like that will not be tolerated :thumbsup:

my mindee is 7 and i had to tell her mum that she had called her brother an f'ing a' hole in full hearing of all the mindees. mind you she was that cross with him i think half the village heard and we are a mile away :eek:

Lily Grace
27-07-2009, 07:58 PM
I think if she does it again I will mention it to mum. I dont want my 2 year old repeating the word as he is repeating everything we say at the moment. This little girl tells me that her dad is always at the pub and mummy shouts at him!!

huggableshelly
27-07-2009, 08:05 PM
I usually say .. I dont like that word lets not use it in shell's house and i inform the parents too stating what was said and how I had handled it.

youarewhatyoueat
27-07-2009, 08:10 PM
I usually say .. I dont like that word lets not use it in shell's house and i inform the parents too stating what was said and how I had handled it.

I would go with this one :clapping:

venus89
27-07-2009, 08:26 PM
My 2 year old mindee came up with 'oh sh**' several times last week. I did actually mention it to Mum and she was mortified - said he'd been coming out with it at home and she'd been trying to discourage him, making out that saying 'oh sugar' was a bit of a naughty thing to say, which I thought was a top class idea. I ignored it when he said it. xx

Mollymop
27-07-2009, 09:20 PM
I would definately have a word with both the child and parents. x