PDA

View Full Version : New Mindees Mum Brilliant

helenlc
27-07-2009, 06:33 PM
I currently have a 3 yr old full time and have had him since November last year. Getting anything out of mum is a nightmare and I have taken to supplying a spare everything for him at my house.

Anyway, new 14 month old mindee started today - Mum supplied new pack of nappies, wipes and Sudocream, change of clothes, bottle to be kept at mine and a pack of Follow On Milk (brand new). It was everything I had asked for. And Mum is only 20.

Mindee was a dream and is absolutely adorable!!!

Polly2
27-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Wow thats great! hold on to that mum with both hands!!!! ha :D

Sounds like the start of a fab working relationship :thumbsup:

sarah707
27-07-2009, 06:45 PM
My lot are good at the moment... it does make life so much easier doesn't it? :D

aly
27-07-2009, 07:30 PM
i may have a new mindee for sept and baby will be 11 mths..i said they could bring in bags if they like and she asked if she buys a box of nappies/wipes could she leave them here :jump for joy:
my mindee now only come with 2 nappies and sometimes without wipes!!

You hang on to her.:thumbsup:

peanuts
27-07-2009, 07:31 PM
i had one when lo started, she suppled me with a lidded box with everying in in for the lo, every so often i just write in daily diary that such and such is running short.

uf353432
27-07-2009, 07:32 PM
I love helpful mums, my little one comes to me everyday with exactly what he is supposed to and mum is only 34 :p

Sorry - couldn't resist - didn't know why mums age was relevant in your post :blush: - did you not expect a 20 yr old mum to be so accomodating and organised? :laughing:

misst104
27-07-2009, 07:46 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tatjana
27-07-2009, 07:50 PM
That's really good news, so lovely to have a nice organised mum. :thumbsup:

I understand your comment on her age, I remember being 20 and I certainly wasn't organised and far from efficient!

xx

tashaleee
27-07-2009, 07:51 PM
Thats so great when they are like that.... better than my one today of - while you are at Tescos why dont you pick up nappies - they're £7 - and add it onto your bill (the one she is already late paying) :angry:

Hang on to the good one - they make life so much easier :laughing:

Tinglesnark
27-07-2009, 07:53 PM
thats great! long may it continue x

miffy
27-07-2009, 08:46 PM
Sounds like it's the start of a lovely working partnership!

Hope it stays that way

Miffy xx

helenlc
28-07-2009, 09:30 AM
I love helpful mums, my little one comes to me everyday with exactly what he is supposed to and mum is only 34 :p

Sorry - couldn't resist - didn't know why mums age was relevant in your post :blush: - did you not expect a 20 yr old mum to be so accomodating and organised? :laughing:

I was merely comparing the fact that I have a 30 something mum with 2 children (3 and 9) and a 20 yr old mum with one young one and its the 20 yr old who is more efficient.

I fully admit it is my own assumptions that led me to be surprised at the 20 yr old's efficiency. :blush: And it is something that I am no longer going to do. Every parent is different and age is not a factor in what makes them a good/efficient/caring etc parent.

Actually, it was more the surprise that someone had listened to me when I asked them to provide new pack of nappies and wipes etc!!!:eek: Usually I get a few chucked in a carrier bag or end up offering to pick some up and invoice them after when we are down to our last one.:angry:

sweets
28-07-2009, 12:09 PM
just a comment about the age thing.My friend childminds for a little girl who's mum is 15. she says thats she's the best mum on her books for providing things, healthy baby food every day, always fills in the daily diary and asks what her LO has been doing! LOL

jibberjitz
31-07-2009, 08:05 PM
:thumbsup: :) :thumbsup:

Cammie Doodle
01-08-2009, 07:20 AM
Well done to the young Mum's :thumbsup: