PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Childminder Cover???

LisaMcNally09
27-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Hi all,

Another silly question i think....sorry:blush:

I have my pre reg inspection on Wednesday and will the inspector be asking me what i will do if something happens to me while im childminding??? An accident or something???

I live on my own and at the moment i dont know any other childminders in the area??? I have written into my policy that if an accident were to occur I would need children collecting asap......is that enough until i get to know some other childminders??? Im going to a childminding meet on 10th August so im hoping to make some friends????

Thanks in advance

huggableshelly
27-07-2009, 06:27 PM
I would add a post it to it stating you will get to know local cm's to arrange emergency care so the inspector can see it is something you are aware of and have thought about.

sophiestars
27-07-2009, 08:38 PM
On my pre-reg course we were told we had to have an emergency contact who could look after the children until their parents could collect them if you had to go to hospital for example. We were told that ideally this would be another childminder because they would be CRB'd etc but if you didn't know another minder it could be someone you knew for example a friend or relative close by. In an emergency you would need someone for them to go to or for someone to come to your house. What would you do otherwise if you had to be rushed to hospital?

Demonjill
27-07-2009, 09:50 PM
Not a silly question at all - its one that still bugs me as i try to think what i would do.

I have recently met another Cm so hoping when im reg we can maybe share emergency duties IYSWIM