PDA

View Full Version : Development worker

Daddy Day Care
27-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Hiya all,

My development worker is comming to visit it me wednesday mornnig for the first time, just wondering what she will do whilst shes here.

Does she inspect your house?

Does she inspect my policies?

Does she question me on anything?

Really not sure what shes comming for, any help would be great

Gareth
xx

sarah707
27-07-2009, 05:58 PM
They are supposed to give you advice and help and support ...

She will probably be wanting to find out what you know and how much you will need her in the future.

Don't give away all our forum secrets!! :laughing:

Daddy Day Care
27-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Cheers Sarah, i'll try to stop panicing then

Gareth
xx

huggableshelly
27-07-2009, 06:38 PM
nope no need to panick at all, the CDO that came round to advise on my paperwork was really nice and put me at ease right away.

The Juggler
27-07-2009, 06:41 PM
They are supposed to give you advice and help and support ...

She will probably be wanting to find out what you know and how much you will need her in the future.

Don't give away all our forum secrets!! :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Really! is that what they are supposed to do! Just kidding but I think someone needs to tell our DO.

I phoned today to see if they had any kind of position or advice for us CM's in case of family illness (i.e. local guidance) and she told me the LA did not have a position and I should ring the government helpline - so much for being proactive. Actually I was only ringing because the government guidance seems to be devolved down to LA's. Actually I phoned her last Tuesday when all my family were looking very poorly and she never got back to me - just as well it turned out not to be swine flu eh!

Hope yours is more effective Daddy Day Care

It's a small world
27-07-2009, 09:32 PM
Hiya all,

My development worker is comming to visit it me wednesday mornnig for the first time, just wondering what she will do whilst shes here.

Does she inspect your house?

Does she inspect my policies?

Does she question me on anything?

Really not sure what shes comming for, any help would be great

Gareth
xx

Great minds think alike Gareth lol. Mine is coming tomorrow abit nervous :panic: sure everything will be ok though. Will let you know how it goes K x

Daddy Day Care
27-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Great minds think alike Gareth lol. Mine is coming tomorrow abit nervous :panic: sure everything will be ok though. Will let you know how it goes K x

Im sure it will be fine, says he whos just as nervous lol.....hope it goes well for you

Gareth
xx

It's a small world
27-07-2009, 10:09 PM
Im sure it will be fine, says he whos just as nervous lol.....hope it goes well for you

Gareth
xx

Probably won't sleep all night....just spent last 3 hours going through all paperwork .Got nothing printed onb observations as still all on computer and need to order some more ink, but guess I could show her on laptop or just tell her about themes/topics and how I will note everything. Anyway guess I better go and get an hours sleep and then tomorrow wonder why I panicked lol :laughing: Hope you are well ?

Tatjana
27-07-2009, 10:16 PM
Relax! They are coming to support you, mine brought me samples of EYFS templates, very helpful.

Honestly, if you need any advice they'll give it to you, just ask!

xx

Daddy Day Care
27-07-2009, 10:18 PM
Im good thank you, hope your doing ok.

Ive been working on my plocies updating them all trying to make them better but from what I heard I dont think she will even look at them.

Do me a favour tho, if its awful lie to me and say it was fine lol.

What time is she comming tomorrow? will be thinking of you

Gareth
xx

It's a small world
27-07-2009, 10:38 PM
Im good thank you, hope your doing ok.

Ive been working on my plocies updating them all trying to make them better but from what I heard I dont think she will even look at them.

Do me a favour tho, if its awful lie to me and say it was fine lol.

What time is she comming tomorrow? will be thinking of you

Gareth
xx

Tracy Hobbs at 11.30. Got my friends little boy for the first time full day..gonna let him and my boys just play as were planning on going for a walk to the woods but postponed till Thur now. May get the farm animals out as that's all he's interested in really as grandparentsw live on a farm and that's where he's been since birth just running round with the chickens etc....feel like Oftsed coming to grade me. Well def going to get some sleep. Will completely lie to you Gareth when I let you know how it goes :laughing: :laughing: I'm fine by the way. Recovering from a trip on the london eye at the weekend.. totally pooed myself.. :blush: hate heights but promised my eldest I would go on with him (what a fab mummy)

Daddy Day Care
27-07-2009, 10:57 PM
Tracy Hobbs at 11.30. Got my friends little boy for the first time full day..gonna let him and my boys just play as were planning on going for a walk to the woods but postponed till Thur now. May get the farm animals out as that's all he's interested in really as grandparentsw live on a farm and that's where he's been since birth just running round with the chickens etc....feel like Oftsed coming to grade me. Well def going to get some sleep. Will completely lie to you Gareth when I let you know how it goes :laughing: :laughing: I'm fine by the way. Recovering from a trip on the london eye at the weekend.. totally pooed myself.. :blush: hate heights but promised my eldest I would go on with him (what a fab mummy)

Guess im not a fab daddy cus I also hate heights and you'd never get me on that lol.

We have the same development worker lol so now i dont want you to lie I wanna know the truth. Hope you dont impress ehr to much cus she will be dissapointed when she gets here lol. Im going to be on my own, no mindees yet and my mum goes on holiday thursday so shes having my kids for the day.
Good Luck Again

gareth
xx