PDA

View Full Version : I know... I am too sensitive

Polly2
27-07-2009, 02:04 PM
Please help me feel better :(
Today in the park I met a former classroom teacher of my son's. She has recently lost her job through threatened school closure and is now working at the nursery round the corner from me.

She started saying how working with the babies "is not mentally stimulating" how she is sooo bored and can't wait to work in a school again bla bla bla she went on and on...

Doesn't she realise that by saying this she is actually making my job into a big joke.

Yes I know you are thinking I am too sensitive but I can't help it - trouble is I have had this all once from my so called "friend" (that was another thread) and it upset me so much that this just reminded me and brought up all the bad feelings again.

When I am thinking about it now I can think of really good replys but I just stood there and took it grrrrrrrrrrrrrr I am so mad at myself.

Sorry for this if you think I am being silly just ignore me - I do tend to put myself down but I just needed to type to make myself feel better.
Kids gone to sleep now so gonna have a cuppa

:(

Minstrel
27-07-2009, 02:10 PM
Thats how she feels but you are different! She obviously needs to be 'entertained' by children whereas you see outside the box and do the entertaining!

My dad has a saying..........

'Bored people are boring people!' :)

julie w
27-07-2009, 02:16 PM
I don't think you are being too sensitive at all. It really annoys me when people dont realise how much work goes into our job. I had some parents come to meet me with their baby a few weeks ago, and she said that obviously she would prefer a proper nursery for her baby, but just couldn't afford it so will have to resign herself to having a childminder. I'm no good at thinking of good answers on the spot, I just brood about it after. As it happens I took on the baby in question and he is adorable. I have gone overboard to prove how good us childminders can be. Mind you if we weren't a little bit sensitive we wouldn't be so good !!:)

manjay
27-07-2009, 02:19 PM
Thats how she feels but you are different! She obviously needs to be 'entertained' by children whereas you see outside the box and do the entertaining!

My dad has a saying..........

'Bored people are boring people!' :)

Your Dad is spot on:thumbsup:

Don't take it to heart Holly (easier said than done I know). I like to think that not everyone is suited to every job:rolleyes: I couldn't deal with being a teacher. 30 something 5 year olds and their parents to deal with:eek: . You look after them for 12 months then they move on and forget about you. In our job we can build relationships that the parents and children will remember forever!

Enjoy your cuppa and try to forget about other peoples insensitive comments:D

haribo
27-07-2009, 02:23 PM
i had something similar a short while ago and i said no i couldnt get fed up how could i im my own boss and can do what i like every single day ,,, her jaw dropped and i felt great ,, no more crap off her lol , even if i do feel down or dispirited occasionally no one is gonna know it --- excepting you lot on here of course haha xx as minstrel says , bored people are boring people , i think this job is as stimulating as we want it to be :thumbsup:

green puppy
27-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Please dont ever think that you are doing an unimportant job! I feel that alot of people dont really consider that babies are learning from birth. They need alot of stimulation and communication to lay the foundations for their growth and development. An essential part of our jobs is to be always thinking of new experiences to enhance their learning, observations to ensure they are developing as well as they should and keeping updated with all matter of legislations. I think this can be challanging enough at times! Remember that when children begin school/nursery alot of their early learning may have come from being with a childminder who has helped prepare them for the next step. Some people prefer to work with older children and if they state this fact to you just remember that the first three years of life are extremly important and a " mentally stimulated " you will be doing your best to enrich each babies learning ability in a way that is not so easily achieved in a nursery setting! Be proud of what you do and tell people just how rewarding it can be to watch the little ones grow knowing that you have had a hand in helping them learn to walk, feed themselves and say their first word!

The Juggler
27-07-2009, 02:53 PM
She's the unprofessional one. Is she saying providing babies with learning experiences isn't worthwhile? Then how would she like lots of four year olds in her school class, who have been cared for like people like her. They would have no clue how to play, no confidence and not be motivated to learn.

Her job would be a much harder one if it wasn't for us 'babysitters'

wendywu
27-07-2009, 03:16 PM
My job is the most important one in the world.:littleangel:

I shape the future generation.:blush:

Polly2
27-07-2009, 03:23 PM
You lot are so fab :clapping: I love you all to bits :blush:

I just wish I could remember all these points in the heat of the moment. Maybe I should print off this thread ha!

I have just had a nice cuppa and bowl of rice crispies (no chocolate in the house calls fro desperate measures!)

I do feel better - thing is this girl is only about 20 and she talks as though she has seen/done it all...(no offense meant to anyone young on here :blush: ) its just her attitude is so arrogant.

I am 37 and have had 4 kids of my own and have been working since I was 18 oh well deep breath!!!