PDA

View Full Version : Child that attends 2 minders.

SimplyLucy
27-07-2009, 12:01 PM
Sorry I haveing got time to look though the other threads so this may already have been asked.

I care for a child that attends another minder. The other minders daughter has Swine Flu (older teen, but lives at home.)

The other minder has rung parent and said it's up to her if she sends child. Obviously I can cover if parent chooses not to send.

Are we ment to open if someone in the household has it?

Parent is confused to if she iwll be charged if she chooses not to send her child as the other minder has given her the choice. This has nothing to do with me, but I'm a little annoyed at the other minder, what a choice to give.:rolleyes:

madison
27-07-2009, 12:27 PM
At present my own daughter has swine flu and I've closed for the week as I wouldn't want my child to pass it on to mindees even though 2 already have caught it, I had to close also the week before last as my other daughter had it. I thought that if someone in the house had swine flu we were to close, I know I could isolate my daughter in her room but I wouldn't be giving her the attention she needs whilst poorly and it really is nasty bug, My girls have both been very ill with it. Also I don't charge if I'm not available to work.

Pipsqueak
27-07-2009, 12:49 PM
According to official guidance (Advice for childminders DCSF/HPS guidance july 09) no if a member if out household has it, we aren't meant to open:

'if you or a member of your family living with you has swine flu you should suspend childcare provision'

youarewhatyoueat
27-07-2009, 05:36 PM
If you go on the ncma website they have updated the advice