PDA

View Full Version : Child's been on tami flu but dropped off at me this am???

Bushpig
27-07-2009, 08:39 AM
:(

Hi everyone... not sure what to do. Little one had roaring temps on Fri when with mum, and had a cough and was on tami flu Fri to Sun. Mum says she's sure it was only precautionary as she is absolutely fine. Seems fine today, only coughing a little... BUT is there a period after tamiflu that she should be at home still or is it okay I have her here today - I have 2 x 1 yr olds and a 3 yr old and the little one herself.

Blaze
27-07-2009, 08:42 AM
My whole family was quarantined for 7 days - Anyone on tamiflu should be isolated untill the course has been finished at least (a course is 5 days)...ring & ask parents to collect asap - if they can't then call the emergency contacts!

Pipsqueak
27-07-2009, 08:43 AM
My guidance sent through to me from my LA is that the child 'should stay at home until they have recovered and have finished any treatment they have been given'.
Advice for childminders July 09 based on DCSF/HPA guidance july 09

so this is 'official info'

get the child collected

Blaze
27-07-2009, 08:44 AM
Thanks Pip - I was just looking up the official stuff so OP has back up!:thumbsup:

zillervalley
27-07-2009, 08:50 AM
pip and blaze is right, you must at the least keep away for 5days, thanks pip and blaze for finding official wording

I would get them collected, and of course tell the parents of the mindees too

ziller

Pipsqueak
27-07-2009, 08:54 AM
pip and blaze is right, you must at the least keep away for 5days, thanks pip and blaze for finding official wording

I would get them collected, and of course tell the parents of the mindees too

ziller

I have pinned the official bumpf on my parents notice board!!:D

Blaze
27-07-2009, 08:54 AM
http://www.surreycc.gov.uk/SCCWebsite/sccwspages.nsf/searchresults/5f987ed436bb9a79802575f400459811?OpenDocument#9

It states:

Children who have swine flu must be kept at home until at least seven days after their symptoms started. Sending them to nursery would risk them infecting others.

:thumbsup:

Bushpig
27-07-2009, 09:08 AM
I have just spoken to them - she still has two days left of her course!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: Have told to collect immediately - but they both work an hour away :( I have told her she needs to stay in one room and the others in another till they come. I am so cross! I have 4 under 5s plus I am asthmatic - all high risk people :(

PixiePetal
27-07-2009, 09:11 AM
Some parents are just unbelievable :angry:

I am sure it would have been a different story if someone with swine flu came to their house :rolleyes:

Well done on getting them to come back, hope the inconvenience will make them think another time

Bushpig
27-07-2009, 09:20 AM
She has a sibling - who seems okay... I gather I still look after him as usual, having read up on it. Gosh I am so cross :angry: :angry: :angry: I also have an emergency childcare child here today, also coming tomorrow, and now this!!!??? :(

Blaze
27-07-2009, 09:53 AM
Unless your pandemic policy(signed bu parents) states otherwise then yes the sibling can come & you'll be busy cleaning for the next week!:rolleyes:
But the second the sibling shows any signs - home they go!!!

Blaze
27-07-2009, 10:08 AM
I actually find it irritating that some whole family's are quarantined (like mine - whether ill or not) & some aren't! It also irritates me that the guidance we are given is half based on keeping people well :thumbsup: & half based on keeping sections of the country going - regardless of individual risk ie to us & our family's:angry:

Bushpig
27-07-2009, 11:50 AM
I am thinking of writing an incident report... should I?

Pipsqueak
27-07-2009, 12:50 PM
I am thinking of writing an incident report... should I?

I would - just to cover yourself and get the parents to sign!

Bushpig
27-07-2009, 12:50 PM
I actually find it irritating that some whole family's are quarantined (like mine - whether ill or not) & some aren't! It also irritates me that the guidance we are given is half based on keeping people well :thumbsup: & half based on keeping sections of the country going - regardless of individual risk ie to us & our family's:angry:

I don't understand this either!?

Bushpig
27-07-2009, 12:51 PM
I would - just to cover yourself and get the parents to sign!

Thankyou :thumbsup:

jeanybeany
27-07-2009, 03:15 PM
If you go on teachernet you can download all the info for childminders and parents regarding an influenza pandemic. Also Leicestershire council have some good info on their website if you type swine flu into the search engine. Also been loads of posts on here for the documents. I would give these to all your parents asap. It clearly states in the childminding one that you should not be looking after anyone with symptoms or if they have got swine flu and that you should make this clear to parents.

Hope this helps :)

cuffleygirl
27-07-2009, 05:21 PM
In this case its swine flu but why am I not surprised some parents drop kids off with D&V, temperatures, heavy colds/coughs and say nothing hoping with a following wind the child will make it through the day.

Why do some parents have this selfish attitude that their job is more important than their childs health and recuperaton and our and our families welfare?

Makes me so cross:censored:

Bushpig
27-07-2009, 05:49 PM
The beauty of this all is that I already have given the parents LOADS of info - they KNOW when they can and cannot send their children to me re swine flu. I have resent emails.

I am still mad I have to say.

childmind04
27-07-2009, 05:52 PM
I have sent a note out tonight to check contact details and to remind parents of the problems it will cause if myself or my family come down with it, i have also reminded them that it is school holidays and my back up childminders have very little spare spaces so its in everyones interest to ensure children are fit and healthy before they attend :)