PDA

View Full Version : when a parent rings

chewy sweets
26-07-2009, 08:16 PM
What does everyone do. Do you all post information out to them first or do you encourage them to come for a home visit first?
Just wondered as i've posted inf out for everyone who's enquiried but so far only one has got back to me.
Should i be pushing the home visits more???

Sorry - had a few questions needed answering today:blush:

sweets
26-07-2009, 08:18 PM
Ive never been asked to post anything to parents before coming for a home visit before. if i was i would prob send them my basic leaflet out which is a shortened version of my parent pack, which they get if they sign up.

Tatjana
26-07-2009, 08:20 PM
I think it's a good idea to get them through the door, have a chat and if you think they are interested give them the information to take away then.

Unless you're emailing them you're spending extra on printing, paper and postage.

xx

tulip0803
26-07-2009, 08:25 PM
I've only ever had one person ask to have info sent out, everyone else has made an appointment to come round when they have rung.

manjay
26-07-2009, 08:48 PM
I used to give out a trifold leaflet if anyone enquired about my service. I do also have a parent pack that can be given out but now if anyone rings me or asks if I have spaces I direct them to my website. This has all the info they need to decide if they like my way of working before coming round to see me.

jaja
26-07-2009, 08:49 PM
hi have to say that i have never posted information out, but have always tried to get them to come over and see me with children, although ive had a few that didnt turn up and unfortunatley (SP?) you always get some that you feel went really well and never come back....

It will pick up, get them to come to you...

good luck xxx

Polly2
27-07-2009, 07:43 AM
I direct to my website - because I have lots of pics on there for parents to have a nosey at.

But I do push the home visit, I think its only when they are with you in your home that they get a true picture and can feel the good atmosphere (hopefully :) )

The Juggler
27-07-2009, 07:45 AM
I wouldn't waste paper/ink/postage. I might e-mail them my information if they asked but I'd rather meet them first.

MrsT333
27-07-2009, 07:55 AM
Hi
I'v never posted anything out, i ask them to pop in for a informal chat when i'm not so busy....