PDA

View Full Version : Attendance register

Emmylou75
26-07-2009, 08:08 PM
I'm going to be using the NCMA attendance register and tomorrow have a mindee starting everyday for 2 weeks. On the front sheet on the booklet it states to use this only if you mind a child for at least 4 weeks, so I'm assuming I dont need to use it for this short term contract? Or is it worth doing to be on the safe side? I might be having him the odd day throughout the hols and maybe future school breaks (depending on my spaces) so what happens then too?

Thanks in advance for your replies
Emma xx

zillervalley
26-07-2009, 08:10 PM
Sorry I use my own so cant help, I am sure someone will be along to help

ziller

ORKSIE
26-07-2009, 08:19 PM
I would book children In and Out even if it were for 1 day.

manjay
26-07-2009, 08:51 PM
I'm going to be using the NCMA attendance register and tomorrow have a mindee starting everyday for 2 weeks. On the front sheet on the booklet it states to use this only if you mind a child for at least 4 weeks, so I'm assuming I dont need to use it for this short term contract? Or is it worth doing to be on the safe side? I might be having him the odd day throughout the hols and maybe future school breaks (depending on my spaces) so what happens then too?

Thanks in advance for your replies
Emma xx

You must log the exact times the child arrives and leaves. I don't use the NCMA register as I don't like it and I can't quite remember the layout but there is no reason why you can't use it. As long as the dates and times are clear it should be fine

miffy
26-07-2009, 08:55 PM
Manjay's right - you have to record the exact times the child arrives and leaves.

If you don't want to use your NCMA register then write the date and times on a piece of paper and keep it with the rest of the child's records.

Miffy xx

tulip0803
26-07-2009, 10:15 PM
I use the NCMA register even if I only have a child for 1 day. Mainly as a way that I can prove that I was not over my numbers at any point.

I have just looked at mine & it says "Weekly attendance record This is where you record details of all the children you care for over a four (or five) week period." they actually mean a calender month, not the the amount of time you care for a child.

I use one sheet per child per month, however long they are with me. I used 3 sheets last week on an emergency placement of children for one day that I will not be having again as it was only due to a family emergency and Mum doesn't work IYSWIM

Emmylou75
27-07-2009, 07:25 AM
Ah right! Sorry I obviously didnt read it properly!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all your replies, helpful as ever :)

Emma
xx

huggableshelly
27-07-2009, 07:41 AM
I used to use the NCMA ones but now I use my own based on the NCMA layout (well the layout they used 2 years ago), it just seems to work better for me working on a spreadsheet and printing off for parents to sign before filing.

rickysmiths
27-07-2009, 09:49 PM
If you are a member of NCMA you do need to use their registers and get the parents to sign them, even if it is for one day. If you don't and you need to use the Legal line with regard to a family they may not help you if you don't have a signed register sheet.