PDA

View Full Version : Would you offer discount?

aly
26-07-2009, 07:16 PM
If you knew that the parents of an enquiry are well off??

Ie I have had an enquiry for 2 little girls and the money would be fantastic. I wouldnt need the others I have lol but they are both doctors....one in a hospital the other a surgery. so knowing that they get a decent wage would you offer a discount or not?

This is not something I could take on really as they need someone asap [like tomorrow] and I dont have space unless I give notice but thats 4 weeks.

gutted but certainly something to ask for future maybe?

what are your HONEST answers?

Hebs
26-07-2009, 07:22 PM
No, :thumbsup:

aly
26-07-2009, 07:29 PM
No, :thumbsup:
lol good answer :P

from this 1 family i could earn [depending on how much i charge per hour] between £18900 - 23000 a year !!!:eek::eek:

Curly Quavers
26-07-2009, 07:30 PM
:) I have never been in the position to take on siblings but if I were then I would not offer a discount. The second child would not be any less work for you so why should they get it any cheaper?

:) :)

Alibali
26-07-2009, 07:34 PM
If it was in my policies to offer a sibling discount I would do so regardless of parents profession (I offer a 10% discount for older sibling) Just because parents are in a good job doesn't mean they have lots of money. They may still have lots of debts and loans and perhaps a very large mortgage. Also these people are the ones who get no help at all for child care, so perhaps best not to judge a book by its cover:)

Hebs
26-07-2009, 07:38 PM
I don't don't discounts full stop :thumbsup:

Alibali
26-07-2009, 07:41 PM
Yes, I won't offer a discount again, but I thought it was the right thing to do at the time! We live and learn.

Hebs
26-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Yes, I won't offer a discount again, but I thought it was the right thing to do at the time! We live and learn.

:laughing:

this whole job is a learning curve, oh and a real eye opener :blush:

Alibali
26-07-2009, 07:45 PM
:laughing:

this whole job is a learning curve, oh and a real eye opener :blush:

You're right there:thumbsup:

FizzysFriends
26-07-2009, 07:50 PM
Nope I don't do discounts here!

Tatjana
26-07-2009, 07:50 PM
No way! Doctors earn loads....I don't.

xx

mushpea
26-07-2009, 07:52 PM
ok so which child will you put away in the cupboard for 10% of the time :eek:
just kidding i wouldnt and never have offered a discount because all children are individuals and should be treated as such so there fore they are all as hard work as each other so why should i be paid anyless for this.
i look after 3 children for the same family and never have the parents asked for a discount and no they are not well off and no i am not money grabbing, if i looked after 3 children from different familes i would expect the same pay as each other.

jaja
26-07-2009, 09:00 PM
no , not unless they asked and then it depends if they are both full time then maybe. Part time i wouldnt...

Hope you got them xxxx

manjay
26-07-2009, 09:02 PM
No, don't do discounts;)

tashaleee
26-07-2009, 09:05 PM
I have, for the first time ever, given a discount as I had 2 children full time for a couple of months until one started school. I have already told the parent that when the older one starts school I will expect her to pay my normal rates for each of her children, provided she wants me to still care for them. If she hadnt had them both on a full time place then I would not have offered any discount for part time hours.

zillervalley
26-07-2009, 09:08 PM
do what your fee policy states

I would treat all the same

ziller

Daftbat
27-07-2009, 07:28 AM
:) I have never been in the position to take on siblings but if I were then I would not offer a discount. The second child would not be any less work for you so why should they get it any cheaper?

:) :)

My ethos too. Never have done a discount.

Roseolivia
27-07-2009, 07:34 AM
I have sibling and i don't offer discount. I work hard for the little money i get.

RedDragon
27-07-2009, 07:34 AM
If it was in my policies to offer a sibling discount I would do so regardless of parents profession (I offer a 10% discount for older sibling) Just because parents are in a good job doesn't mean they have lots of money. They may still have lots of debts and loans and perhaps a very large mortgage. Also these people are the ones who get no help at all for child care, so perhaps best not to judge a book by its cover:)

I agree.

I have 3 children from the same family - all after school + school holidays. No discounts for mine.

aly
27-07-2009, 01:30 PM
thanks all....theoretically it would be a fab deal to have them btu theres a few things that make it hard.
1) the distance, but asked if we would pick up and drop off and if i didnt have my after schoolies then i probably would.
2) my 1 part-timer i have for 10 hours a week is being funny {i may just finish her lol]
3) theres not really a 3rd but the money i would get from them would be ideal.

lets hope for an enquiry closer to me ;):thumbsup:

MissTinkerbell
27-07-2009, 02:30 PM

I agree with this - my DD's godmother is an executive head teacher and her hubby runs an extremely successful business so on the face of things they are loaded - however on a day to day basis their funds are actually less than mine!! So don't judge things on face value.

I have siblings and they both pay the same hourly fee. They both need the same care so therefore the charges are the same.

Chatterbox Childcare
27-07-2009, 02:38 PM
I would offer the same rates to all parents regardless of their jobs.

Mollymop
27-07-2009, 02:41 PM
I would offer the same rates to all parents regardless of their jobs.

Me too. I don't do discounts for siblings anyway