PDA

View Full Version : short term medium term or long term

lisa_vickers
26-07-2009, 03:18 PM
wot is the right or the eaisest planing eg short term medium term or long term planning.

lisa_vickers
26-07-2009, 03:37 PM
sorry just thought my mindees are only holiday time so i would do short term planning plz correct me if im wrong AGAIN.

sweets
26-07-2009, 03:43 PM
your short term planning is you rnext steps that are done on your observations. Mid term planning are a list of things you would like to do over the coming weeks e.g. themes such as insects, transport. there is a long list on here somewhere!.Long term planning are things like a list of celebrations e.g. mothers day, christmas, easter ,birthdays etc.
Recently one of my Development workers told me that there is no need to do lots of planning as ofsted like absolutely everything to be child led and therefore shouldn't be planned so if a child was interested in tractors you should just go with that and not look at any mid term planning that you have done.
I am seeing another DW this week and i will confirm with her what the recent advice on planning is and let you all know.
Personally i don't like doing planning as i find i don't stick to it so i am hoping that we don't have to do it! lol

sarah707
26-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Short term - today, tomorrow, the next day... this is usually individual planning...

Medium term - ideas for activities to cover things the children might enjoy doing or to follow their interests over a week or 2. This can be group planning which you will then use to pick out activities for individual children to follow their interests, learning styles etc...

Long term - your plans for the year, including birthdays, local events, celebrations, global planning etc.

hth :D

Chatterbox Childcare
26-07-2009, 04:36 PM
I only have short and long term

The long term in based on a theme per month for 2 years.

I put this theme into my monthly plan (short) term based on 2 activities per week. I adapt the childs interest around the week that I am in

sweets
26-07-2009, 04:48 PM
As you see we all do it different! there is no right or wrong way as long as you have them. I am going to find out from my DO next week what EXACTLY we need, but then again that even may vary depending on what area you live in! and what mood OFSTED are in:laughing:

lisa_vickers
26-07-2009, 08:02 PM
THANX FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS. LISAX:thumbsup: