PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else on countdown?

Chatterbox Childcare
25-07-2009, 03:04 PM
to their holidays?

I have 5 days to work and then I am off until 1st September

Yippee...

zillervalley
25-07-2009, 03:16 PM
I am Finished now until 24th August

ziller

PixiePetal
25-07-2009, 03:23 PM
I am Finished now until 24th August

ziller

Me too!

Moving house next week so that will keep me busy :)

zillervalley
25-07-2009, 03:27 PM
sure will, hope all goes well on the day of your move

ziller

ORKSIE
25-07-2009, 03:30 PM
I got a week off in August, not going away, just going out for days:)

mummyroysof3
25-07-2009, 03:54 PM
im off on my holidays on monday i cant wait, not off work cos still on maternity leave so only children i look after are my own 3 and their going too :laughing:

charlotte x

wendywu
25-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Im off to Turkey on the 9th August for 2 weeks :clapping: Got some good books lined up.

Back to work for 4 days then off to Barcelona for the Bank Holiday weekend to get over having to come home from Turkey.:(

sarah707
25-07-2009, 04:24 PM
I can't wait for my holiday! :clapping: :jump for joy:

wendywu
25-07-2009, 04:33 PM
Where are you going Sarah. I hope its somewhere HOT:blush: :cool:

FussyElmo
25-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Oops I thought you meant anyone else on the programme :blush:

venus89
25-07-2009, 04:42 PM
I also thought you were talking about the programme! :blush:

But..... I have 5 more working days an then I'm going away for a whole week and I am so so so ready :D

sarah707
25-07-2009, 04:49 PM
Where are you going Sarah. I hope its somewhere HOT:blush: :cool:

We are travelling through France in a camper van... without children!

So yes it might get a bit warm :blush: :laughing:

Daftbat
25-07-2009, 04:50 PM
I am off to Dorset on the 10th for ten days - definitely counting down.:)

venus89
25-07-2009, 04:54 PM
We are travelling through France in a camper van... without children!

So yes it might get a bit warm :blush: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing:
Good for you!!

miss mopple
25-07-2009, 05:14 PM
6 sleeps till mine :clapping:

Chatterbox Childcare
25-07-2009, 05:16 PM
Have a great time everyone

I don't think it matters if you are going away or staying at home, a rest is a rest and we all deserve one

Wendywu - I am off to Brodum - where are you going?

venus89
25-07-2009, 05:18 PM
Wendywu - I am off to Brodum - where are you going?

Where's Brodum? :blush:

Chatterbox Childcare
25-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Where's Brodum? :blush:

Sorry Turkey - going with DD on a cheapy last minute

flora
25-07-2009, 05:20 PM
holidays what are they????

i'm not minding during the holidays but we don't get to go away :(

for some reason no sane individual wants to take care of the farm and all it's animals.

can't think why :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

venus89
25-07-2009, 05:21 PM
Sorry Turkey - going with DD on a cheapy last minute

You don't have to apologise :laughing: I was jumping in on a conversation not aimed at me.
But oh, lucky you - I'd like to do Turkey
We're having a week at Center Parcs at Longleat. I wish it was tomorrow!

venus89
25-07-2009, 05:22 PM
holidays what are they????

i'm not minding during the holidays but we don't get to go away :(

for some reason no sane individual wants to take care of the farm and all it's animals.

can't think why :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I will!!
Seriously - let us stay there for a week - we'll do all the farm work, you go away. The kids would absolutely adore it.

Chatterbox Childcare
25-07-2009, 05:27 PM
You don't have to apologise :laughing: I was jumping in on a conversation not aimed at me.
But oh, lucky you - I'd like to do Turkey
We're having a week at Center Parcs at Longleat. I wish it was tomorrow!

Been there and it is great but I have been on a very lazy long weekend with the girls and the most strenuous activity was walking around the lake.

Can recommend the 3 hour spa break.

flora
25-07-2009, 05:31 PM
I will!!
Seriously - let us stay there for a week - we'll do all the farm work, you go away. The kids would absolutely adore it.

you have no idea what you would be letting yourself in for :D

most people know how many animals i have do you?????;)

venus89
25-07-2009, 05:33 PM
Been there and it is great but I have been on a very lazy long weekend with the girls and the most strenuous activity was walking around the lake.

Can recommend the 3 hour spa break.

:laughing: I think it's going to be more bikes and swimming for us that walking around the lake (which is about 2 minutes from our chalet). But we have got all our kids booked into a 3hour acitivity session at the same time so we will have an afternoon together. I want to canoe but he has never been so I'll have to try and persuade him. Luckily, men are very easy to persuade..... :blush:

wendywu
25-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Debbie i am going to Beleck. So we will have to shout very loudly to each other. Or wave:clapping:

Perhaps Sarah can drive over in her Camper Van to visit for a day as well :)

flora
25-07-2009, 05:36 PM
:laughing: I think it's going to be more bikes and swimming for us that walking around the lake (which is about 2 minutes from our chalet). But we have got all our kids booked into a 3hour acitivity session at the same time so we will have an afternoon together. I want to canoe but he has never been so I'll have to try and persuade him. Luckily, men are very easy to persuade..... :blush:
what do you mean????:laughing:

venus89
25-07-2009, 05:43 PM
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
what do you mean????:laughing:

Cook him a nice meal, of course..... :D

venus89
25-07-2009, 05:44 PM
you have no idea what you would be letting yourself in for :D

most people know how many animals i have do you?????;)

How many?

Twinkles
25-07-2009, 11:29 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/surprised/5.gif

I was just looking at the calender and realised it's only a week and a day 'till we go on hols.

miffy
26-07-2009, 07:53 AM
I finish on the 12th August and not working again until 1st September - can't wait!!!!!!

Miffy xx

ajs
26-07-2009, 08:50 AM
I finish on the 12th August and not working again until 1st September - can't wait!!!!!!

Miffy xx

same for me, although the 12th is going to be a very sad day for me as i finish with one of my mindees then, i will have had her 2 years and we will all miss her so much.
we are having a pyjama party for her last day and either going to the park to picnic or to the local play centre but we will all be wearing our pjs

then off to egypt on the 13th so really looking forward to that home on the 27th then we're having a bbq on the 30th to celebrate my birthday.

we are al so looking forwar to going away, collected the tickets yesterday can't wait now

little lizzie
26-07-2009, 09:44 AM
4 days and counting , am off to eygpt xx

flora
26-07-2009, 10:45 AM
How many?

well theres the pigs around 700, @ 6 buildings to look after :thumbsup:
3 dogs
6 cats self feeding so they are ok
4 guniea pigs
1 rabbit
4 rats
6 horses incluuding the colt foal who is a bit of a handfull, gelding him in october :clapping:
5 geese no gander so not too mardy
30+ chucks
3 ducks
1 broody hen at the mo with 10 chicks

would that keep you busy :laughing:

thats why we can't go away. the outside animals we could prob get help with it's the pigs no one wants to look after and they are the tricky bit really :( hey ho, thats life :D

MissTinkerbell
26-07-2009, 02:27 PM
Only 5 more days and then off until 25th August.

No going away though as we had our 6 days at Disney in April and then a long w/end with no kiddies, in London at the end of May.

Hubby has week off in Aug so will probably do days out instead.

The Juggler
26-07-2009, 02:49 PM
to their holidays?

I have 5 days to work and then I am off until 1st September

Yippee...

lucky you!!!! we're off to scotland for 2 weeks. Then in september I'm starting 0730 starts with a baby and 2 older siblings after a year of no-one arriving before 8.15! Suppose it was too good to last.

Enjoy your holiday and time off work.

LOL

helenlc
26-07-2009, 05:09 PM
I got a week off in August, not going away, just going out for days:)

Me too!! I cant wait!!

miffy
26-07-2009, 05:18 PM
same for me, although the 12th is going to be a very sad day for me as i finish with one of my mindees then, i will have had her 2 years and we will all miss her so much.

Same for me, Mandy - very sad.

Hope your holiday will cheer you up

Miffy xx

Hebs
26-07-2009, 05:53 PM
yes :clapping:

25 weeks until my holidays :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Roseolivia
26-07-2009, 06:48 PM
I'm only working Thursdays with 1 mindee during the holidays. I don't mind as she's lovely and Rose loves her coming to play. We're off to France on the 14th Aug for 2 weeks so am really excited. Hoping the weather is going to stay good.

Helen Dempster
26-07-2009, 07:22 PM
I've been counting down for WEEKS!! I'm off to Cyprus in 9 days time and I can't wait :D :D :D

Have a great hols xx

Curly Quavers
26-07-2009, 07:31 PM
I have 5 days to work too. Then off for 2 weeks wohoo!!!!!

:clapping: :clapping:

kellywestie
26-07-2009, 09:39 PM
Can't come around quick enough for me! Have been looking on-line for weeks and we finally booked last week - so off to Florida on 14th August for 2 weeks. :jump for joy:

Also found out today that J's family have had to move their hols forward so are now going away from 8th Aug so have a relatively easy few days (just H & P 9 & 8 along with DS 7 on the Tues, Wed and Thurs) before we go:blush:

Hope everyone has a great summer, whatever you are doing, and hope the move goes well for those moving house!

Helen79
26-07-2009, 09:50 PM
Am I the only one not having any time off in the summer? :crying:

I've got 1 Friday off in September to go to a music festival & thats it til xmas (even then I'm only switching the Friday for my day off which is a Monday so not really taking it as holiday, still working the same hours in the week)

The Juggler
27-07-2009, 07:03 AM
Am I the only one not having any time off in the summer? :crying:

I've got 1 Friday off in September to go to a music festival & thats it til xmas (even then I'm only switching the Friday for my day off which is a Monday so not really taking it as holiday, still working the same hours in the week)

I take two weeks off every summer if we are going away or not. Couldn't cope with 6 weeks of 6+ kids every day. How do you manage?

manjay
27-07-2009, 07:07 AM
I take two weeks off every summer if we are going away or not. Couldn't cope with 6 weeks of 6+ kids every day. How do you manage?

Snap:panic: Thinking of taking 3 weeks next year:rolleyes:

Helen79
27-07-2009, 02:31 PM

I don't have any holiday children so just have my normal under 5's which is my own 2 children plus 1 mindee so it's no different to the rest of the year.

julie w
27-07-2009, 02:37 PM
Going Tenerife on 18th Aug, so excited. Tho was hoping to lose an extra stone by then lol. Mindees parents right miffed I'm being so inconsiderate as to have a hoilday. And will I be worrying when I'm sitting by the pool with a cocktail.? hmmmm.Everyone who's having a break-home or away- I hope you all have a well deserved break.XX:D

Minstrel
27-07-2009, 03:30 PM
Well I'm not having a holiday this year........:(

I have a countdown to my wedding and we go on honeymoon a week after to the Bahama's!

Very excited!! (no kids!)

RachelE
27-07-2009, 07:20 PM
I'm only working Thursdays with 1 mindee during the holidays. I don't mind as she's lovely and Rose loves her coming to play. We're off to France on the 14th Aug for 2 weeks so am really excited. Hoping the weather is going to stay good

- where in France are you going?

We are off to the Dordogne in France for 2 weeks on the 15th.
We have a touring caravan and are going back to the same place as last year.....

....cant wait! :)

littletreasures
27-07-2009, 07:31 PM
I've finished with mindees until September. I know I definitely get one back on 8th Sept. The parent of 2 of my mindees didn't know when she goes back to work (she's a teacher). Not sure I even get the last one back as Mum has been made redundant:(.

You would have thought the teacher Mum would know when she goes back to school wouldn't you?

Anyway, we're off to Gozo on 11th August for 2 weeks. :clapping: :clapping:

Blue Boy
28-07-2009, 04:19 PM
Sally & I finish at 5:30 on the 14th August until the 1st September:clapping: . Although we have not booked to go away we had planned lots of days out with our own kids:panic: :panic: :panic: . Everything was in place and then I received a phone call to say that I have been booked into hospital on the 20th to have my Gallblader out, which will put me out of action for at least 4 weeks:( . luck has it our 17 year old son is registered as an assistant and will not be going back to college until the end of September. I should have had the op some 4 weeks ago but it was cancelled:angry:

So the 2 weeks we have been looking forward to all year has now been reduced down to 3 days, but they will be fun packed;) .;)

Lots of Love
Mick