PDA

View Full Version : A little help please!!! I'm new

Honeychild
25-07-2009, 12:05 AM
Hi i'm starting a pre-reg course soon and i just want to fully understand everything so i know what to expect, i have learned a lot just by reading on here, but i am having trouble understanding pay....:blush:
When you get your income per child, do i take a bit off for food and expenses and whatever is left is mine, obviously saving some for contributions.

What is the average sharge per shild in outer London?
Is there a min and max?
How will i know how much is my wage after contributions?
Do you keep expenses aside and use when needed?

This is a little foreign to me really sorry for sounding like a dunce!

MrsT333
25-07-2009, 07:55 AM
Hi and welcome

I charge for food depending on how long they are with me throughout the day, but everyone probaly does it differnt. I put £3.00 a day for a 8 hour day for food through my books....it will be interesting to see what others put through....!

Chatterbox Childcare
25-07-2009, 09:30 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum

Take all your income less your expenses and the rest is yours - yippee!

you are responsible for all your tax and NI but this is not an expense

Not sure about London but I would put a separate thread on with this information and you should get your answers from that

Need any more help, call out

ZoeAlli
25-07-2009, 09:33 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum!
I can't help much with what to charge for the things you've asked about, as I am not from London.
However, when it comes to the food side of things I share the costs between childminding and personal, so I may buy food on minding accounts one week and the next week buy it on personal. I feel this averages out the costs spent on mindees, as the meals I make are split between personal and business.
I'm sorry it's probably not very understandable! :blush:
Keep your receipts for everything you spend on childminding.
Hope someone else can advise you with the answers to your questions.-they are usually pretty good here! :)