PDA

View Full Version : two year old funding

tammerisk
24-07-2009, 06:53 PM
i had an email this morn asking if i would like to be considered for the piolet scheme to have funded places for two years olds that is being pioleted in northamptonshire for the next two years.they have funding for 197 two year olds that meet local and national criteria

i am thrilled they have contacted me and i think i am going to say yes if the oppotunity arises i would like to be on the list for providers

jeanybeany
24-07-2009, 07:13 PM
I would say yes too. I think you are lucky to be contacted, so well done! I'd snap the chance up.

Good luck with it all and keep us posted with how it goes.;

Jeanybeany:D

cabby
24-07-2009, 08:18 PM
im in abington vale tammerisk!!! but ive not been contacted:)

tulip0803
24-07-2009, 08:19 PM
Congratulations on being asked :clapping:

tammerisk
25-07-2009, 07:48 AM

they said it was cause of my last inspection report you have to have had good or outstanding themn there are other criteria to for fill one being on the network to i think i for fill it all as far as i can tell and i think it has some thing to do with the area i live in being in the top 30% of the areas of derivation

tammerisk
25-07-2009, 07:50 AM
this is the criteria

Eligibility - Childminder
The provider is situation within the reach area of a Children’s Centre where that Childrens Centre is located within the Top 30% area of deprivation in Northamptonshire
The childminder is situated within the county of Northamptonshire
The childminder should agree to work with Children’s Centres in its area to provide signposting services.
The childminder is part of an approved, accredited NCMA Children Come First childminder network in Northamptonshire county.
The childminder has an OFSTED rating of outstanding or good.
The childminder has an EY qualification of level 3 or higher.
The childminder regularly evaluates the quality of provision in accordance with NCMA and/or NCC procedures.
The childminder has participated in continued professional development in accordance with network and NCMA guidelines.
The childminder has effective links with the network SENCO with Inclusion and diversity policies and practice in place.
The childminder has undertaken Child Protection training and has implemented Northamptonshire’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Procedures.

childmind04
25-07-2009, 08:41 AM
Our area has been chosen too so i am hoping i will be able to offer it, although from what i have heard it wont cover children who are 2 already in your care unless they are from single parents or in need families, and they will also have to be involved with the childrens centre :)

manjay
25-07-2009, 09:08 AM
We have this in areas of our county. All network members are eligible to provide the care but unfortunately logistically I am too far away from the areas where it is needed:(

The Juggler
25-07-2009, 09:28 AM

when i read the gov't proposals for this (I'm not sad just when I was studying!) it said that they would initially roll out to either Level 3 or outstanding graded childminders. Lucky you tammerisk!

I think they will eventually roll out the chance to 'good' and other level 3 qualified childminders though.

The Juggler
25-07-2009, 09:37 AM
sorry, tammerisk, just saw your later post.

Mind you, we still don't have a network in our LA which means they'll have to think of an alternate criteria here otherwise no childminders will be able to offer the funded places, just the nurseries which would be really unfair.