PDA

View Full Version : OH GREAT!!!!

OrlandoBelle
24-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Mindee has just been collected and Mum says to me "Has she been ok today?" I said yeah, she's been fine, why? And she goes on to tell me that 2 days ago she was with her cousin who has just been diagnosed with swine flu today!!! She said she'll let me know over the weekend if she's ok. Why didn't she tell me this morning??

I'm starting to panic now. There's been so much talk about it and I always think to myself that it's happening to other people, but it'll never happen to me. What if she has picked it up and passed it on to me or my son? She's been giving me kisses and cuddles all day! I really hope she's ok. She's such a sweet little girl. I'd hate her to get ill. :(

mabel
24-07-2009, 04:51 PM
don't worry..............

my son had it he's 18, sneezed over me a few times, with his girlfriend
all the time when not at work and neither of us caught it that was over a month ago.

Chances are you will be fine.

ZoeAlli
24-07-2009, 05:13 PM
I received a text from a friend at the beginning of the week to say her daughter (whose in my dd's class) has been diagnosed with swine flu- we are all ok, no symptoms!
I'm sure you will be ok.

flora
24-07-2009, 06:58 PM
at the end of the day she should have told you but, we are all likely to get it at some point i think it is enevitable.

i have had it and whilst i wouldn't want to repeat it, it's not that bad .

try not to worry :thumbsup:

Jules27
24-07-2009, 07:09 PM
3 kids in my sons class have had it so far. no symptoms yet but i expect one of us will get it at some point its inevitable. maybe mum didn't know about the fact the child had swine flu until today?

Lily Grace
24-07-2009, 07:11 PM
My little girls's best friend at school had swine flu, after giving my little girl a lecture about washing hands etc we all seem fine. We have had two confirmed cases of swine flu at her school, I am hoping with the summer hols we will be OK but when the kids go back to school in september i dread to think what will happen!!

helenlc
24-07-2009, 07:14 PM
My niece is meant to be coming to me Monday and her mum found out today she has it. Not sure whether to still allow her over as I have little ones and have one of 14 months starting Monday too.

But at the same time, I think it is inevitable we might get it but do I want to have her over knowing her mum has it?

LisaMcNally09
24-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Me and my two kids have just had it!!

I panicked at first but ive had worse cases of normal flu to be honest!!

As long as you watch out for breathing problems or if they become dehydrated everyone should be fine!!

tammerisk
25-07-2009, 07:54 AM
don't worry to much one of my midees had it was off for a week i never got it or any of my family but then my brother and his family have all got it so i not really to worried about it seemed to skip my family which was nice i did feel a bit ill for a week but not what i would call swine flu more like mild cold with a bit light headed ness and really tired but nothing like what they been saying.

ORKSIE
25-07-2009, 01:49 PM
Hope your all ok, it is a worry tho.:)

miffy
25-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Hope you're all OK!

Miffy xx

Chatterbox Childcare
25-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Mindee has just been collected and Mum says to me "Has she been ok today?" I said yeah, she's been fine, why? And she goes on to tell me that 2 days ago she was with her cousin who has just been diagnosed with swine flu today!!! She said she'll let me know over the weekend if she's ok. Why didn't she tell me this morning??

I'm starting to panic now. There's been so much talk about it and I always think to myself that it's happening to other people, but it'll never happen to me. What if she has picked it up and passed it on to me or my son? She's been giving me kisses and cuddles all day! I really hope she's ok. She's such a sweet little girl. I'd hate her to get ill. :(

If she had told you this morning, would it have made a difference?

ORKSIE
25-07-2009, 03:39 PM

It would make no difference to me, but I think it would be nice to be informed, just so we now what may be on the horizon.

OrlandoBelle
27-07-2009, 04:57 PM

No, but it would've been nice to be told!! I could have kept an extra close eye on her.

She came to me this morning and she's fine, apart from a runny nose. So fingers crossed she'll be OK.