PDA

View Full Version : they came with nits

TRACEY1969
24-07-2009, 02:58 PM
i look after 4 kids from the same family and today they came with nits. I informed the parents straight away as i know the mom doesn't work (long story) but all they said was they will buy the stuff for there hair and treat them later. I have 3 kids of my own 2 girls with long hair and i have told them to put there hair up today. What can i say to the parents when they come as i know you can't exclude them

andreaschildcare
24-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Hiya

Well, as long as the parents treat it I dont think there is much you can do! You could also tell parents if they ask their dr they can get a FREE nitty gritty comb and they are brill :)

Pipsqueak
24-07-2009, 03:04 PM
The advice is that you shouldn't exclude as you say. Although its your setting and you make the rules. The thing is nits are so common and recurring, there are some children who would never get to school/minders etc....

I would be thinking charging extra for the additional visitors;) :D :D

TRACEY1969
24-07-2009, 03:09 PM
i was being assess on my NVQ3 today so i was cooking with the children and i know i can't do anything about this, but i just gets me mad that mom is at home or shopping role on 6pm when they go.

RedDragon
24-07-2009, 04:57 PM
How many people scratched their heads when reading this? :idea: lol

I've had lots of children through my door with nits-luckily not 1 of my family have got it. I know we must not exclude but I don't tell any of my family as their reaction is not quite as professional as mine :D

venus89
24-07-2009, 05:07 PM
:panic: It must be friday. i just misread that as 'they came with tits' :blush:

ZoeAlli
24-07-2009, 05:16 PM

:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

youarewhatyoueat
24-07-2009, 05:16 PM

Lol:laughing:

I would get some tea tree oil and put it on the nape of everyones necks, and also some spray in leave in conditioner and spray their heads, nits hate the stuff, mind you it might make them all jump off so you may want to do it as they leave!!!!
I'm now scratching my head,thx:laughing:

ZoeAlli
24-07-2009, 05:23 PM
Have read this post to my husband after making the comment " We do have to put up with some stuff!!"
His comment was "You can't exclude them, but it's in your home!!"
After a couple of minutes he came up with this solution? for you:

You know the shower caps you can get? why not put one on each of the children's (the ones with nits) heads!!?!! :laughing:

I know it may not be the answer you wanted but I thought it was quite inventive for a friday!! :)

ZoeAlli
24-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Lol:laughing:

I would get some tea tree oil and put it on the nape of everyones necks, and also some spray in leave in conditioner and spray their heads, nits hate the stuff, mind you it might make them all jump off so you may want to do it as they leave!!!!
I'm now scratching my head,thx:laughing:

Neem Oil is supposed to repel them too!!

tammerisk
24-07-2009, 06:45 PM
Neem Oil is supposed to repel them too!!

be very care full if you use this if i remenber right this is very powerfull stuff and please don't use neat oils of any kind on children (only lavender is consided safe neat but even then i anm carefull)

Demonjill
26-07-2009, 10:18 PM
How many people scratched their heads when reading this? :idea: lol

I've had lots of children through my door with nits-luckily not 1 of my family have got it. I know we must not exclude but I don't tell any of my family as their reaction is not quite as professional as mine :D

lol as soon as i read the title i started scratching hee hee

Deb
27-07-2009, 07:03 AM
cant exclude them my ar£e - it's my house and my business and if I think it would be in the child's best interests then they would be going home. Although I would me more likely to tell mum that she could continue to bring them but I would be treating them daily.