PDA

View Full Version : puddings/desserts

It's a small world
23-07-2009, 09:01 PM
Hi

Looked around but unable to find anything. I'm looking for ideas for puddings or desserts.

Got Usual:

Fromage Frais
Jam Roly Poly
Fruit - with chocolate on occassions
Apple Pie
Fruit Crumble
Banana, Bread & Custard Pudding
Sugar Free Jelly & Ice VCream
Fruit Tarts
Fruit Nests (with meringue)
Home Made Fruit Cake
Cheesecake

I know I have a few but trying to get ideas where don't serve them same thing in a week or two weeks .....Mindee 2.5 my son 22month..

Ideas appreciated, thanks:thumbsup:

Nicki L
23-07-2009, 09:02 PM
my little ones like trifles and mooses. xx

sweets
23-07-2009, 09:03 PM
i wish my mindees would eat puddings then i could have them too! lol. but they won't, ive tried loads of different ones but all they want is a yogurt! sometimes a bowl of ice cream instead.

wendywu
23-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Rice pudding
Trifle
blancmange
fruit salad
Baked apple

sweets
23-07-2009, 09:10 PM
ooh i remeber having baked apple as a child, lovely.How do you make them? lol. is it as simple as just baking it? do you use eating apples or bramleys?

candy cat
23-07-2009, 09:10 PM
angel delight.....cheap and sprinkle with 100's and thousands....also when we were little my old neighbour used to make jelly and put pieces of fruit in it.

Nicki L
23-07-2009, 09:12 PM
ooh i remeber having baked apple as a child, lovely.How do you make them? lol. is it as simple as just baking it? do you use eating apples or bramleys?

never had baked apples - may have to try them!!

sweets
23-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Come on wendywu tell us how to make them .............please:laughing:

sarah707
23-07-2009, 09:15 PM
Baked apples - cut out the core in the centre and stuff with raisins or mixed fruit and a little brown sugar.

Bake until they are falling nicely to pieces.

If you want to use less sugar, make it an eating apple. Otherwise you can use baking apples.

We do them a lot, they are favourites of most of the children with a little custard :D

sweets
23-07-2009, 09:17 PM
thanks thats pudd sorted tommorrow! children will prob refuse them and want a yogurt but i'll eat them all!lol

Nicki L
23-07-2009, 09:18 PM
Baked apples - cut out the core in the centre and stuff with raisins or mixed fruit and a little brown sugar.

Bake until they are falling nicely to pieces.

If you want to use less sugar, make it an eating apple. Otherwise you can use baking apples.

We do them a lot, they are favourites of most of the children with a little custard :D

Sounds lovely, gonna have to try them

Thanks Sarah x

sweets
23-07-2009, 09:20 PM
sorry just thought! how long do they take? 10 mins? and hour? i don't want to waiting all aft for them lol. kids will def give up and want a yogurt! lol

sarah707
23-07-2009, 09:30 PM
sorry just thought! how long do they take? 10 mins? and hour? i don't want to waiting all aft for them lol. kids will def give up and want a yogurt! lol

You can do them slow or fast according to the chef.

Slowly at about 100c they take about an hour and absorb more flavours from the fruit (and cinnamon, nutmeg, mixed spice etc if you include those in with your fruit)...

If you put them on a higher heat they will cook quicker of course (probably about 20 / 25 mins while you are cooking everything else for the meal) but not be quite as tasty.

Oh he says be careful they get very very hot inside because the skin holds in the heat :D

Nicki L
23-07-2009, 09:32 PM
Thank you to the chef!!

sweets
23-07-2009, 09:41 PM
yes thankyou. as for the warning about them being hot i always burn my mouth on food as im a greedy pig and can't wait for it to cool! pizzas the worst! lol

Chell
23-07-2009, 09:51 PM
My son loves homemade rice pudding.

What about the Yeo Valley or Frubes yoghurt tubes, my three love them frozen.

Cupcakes, gingerbread men, etc that the children have helped to make and/or decorate.

Chocolate crispy cakes.

Instant whip / Angel Delight (bluerggggghhhhhhhh :p )

You mentioned jelly but what about setting fruit in it such as tinned madarins?

The Juggler
24-07-2009, 06:52 AM
OMG you are all good. Mine get a yoghurt or a biscuit finger from my lucky dip bowl!:blush: :blush:

Where do you find time to make pudding!!!!!!!!!!!!

wendywu
24-07-2009, 07:02 AM
Thanks for info Sarah. I like the melted brown sugar and the plump raisins.

I forgot to mention fruit crumble yum:)

OrlandoBelle
24-07-2009, 01:12 PM
Mine love rice pudding with tinned mandarins. I make sure i buy the tesco ones in juice though and not syrup. x

Alibali
24-07-2009, 02:34 PM
What nice childminders you all are, mine only ever get fruit or yogurt:blush:

PixiePetal
24-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Mindees all like yog and fruit.

I love apple crumble with vanilla ice cream. My kids won't eat it - DH and I had to eat the one DS made at school last week all to ourselves :D It was really good too :thumbsup: