PDA

View Full Version : F.A.O Welsh Minders

aly
23-07-2009, 08:37 PM
I sent an email last week to NCMA asking to consider doing short welsh contracts. They doshort english ones but as we are in wales we all know they are not to the wales standards.

If some of you remember, I had a temporary child 3 days and ran into trouble with contracts {or lack of} well I spoketo my local NCMA person and she suggested to contact NCMA head office. here is a reply i've had.

Thank you for your email regarding short term childminding contracts.

Although we currently do not offer the short term contracts for childminders working under CSSIW guidelines, this is currently being reviewed. We are having conversations with various offices around the Welsh regions to understand what alterations are needed and the demand for this publication.

I will update you accordingly on the outcome over the next few weeks.

Thought that might interest some of you

Pipsqueak
23-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Bumping for you Aly

Get emailing NCMA to confirm the demand Welsh Minders Massive:D

aly
23-07-2009, 09:22 PM
Bumping for you Aly

Get emailing NCMA to confirm the demand Welsh Minders Massive:D

:thumbsup: thanks hunni...a lot of mindersmight notwantthem but I think we should still have that option. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mari
23-07-2009, 09:58 PM
I have had a short term child recently and thought about this type of contract. Is there anything I can do to get the NCMA noticing this is a requirement?

Polly2
24-07-2009, 07:40 AM
Thats FAB Aly well done for speaking up :clapping: I hope they do something about it.

I have used the english ones in the past but like you say they are not ideal.

Pipsqueak
24-07-2009, 08:04 AM
I have had a short term child recently and thought about this type of contract. Is there anything I can do to get the NCMA noticing this is a requirement?

yep email NCMA and confirm this is a requirement for you and that there is a demand!

pumpkinsmum
24-07-2009, 09:51 AM
Sorry if I'm being thick, but do you mean you are asking for short contracts for minders in Wales or short contracts in the Welsh language?:blush:

manjay
24-07-2009, 10:04 AM
Sorry if I'm being thick, but do you mean you are asking for short contracts for minders in Wales or short contracts in the Welsh language?:blush:

I have never needed short term contracts but I would say as we use bilingual full contacts the same should be available in the short term version

aly
24-07-2009, 04:33 PM

For welsh minders :thumbsup:

phone/email them.
this email addy was forwarded onto a rishard aris of ncma so use this one maybe?

Richard.Aris@*************

Mari
28-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Emailed them today!

aly
28-07-2009, 01:54 PM
Emailed them today!

:thumbsup: yay good for you

xx

Mari
28-07-2009, 02:48 PM
And this was the reply: (full marks for a quick response, boo for the content of the response!)

Dear Mrs Lee

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we do not offer this product due to lack of demand.

We are in conversations with colleagues within your region to understand future product demands and will ensure this forms part of my next conversation. If this results in a change I will be sure to inform you.

Regards

chewy sweets
28-07-2009, 08:55 PM
I sent an email last week to NCMA asking to consider doing short welsh contracts. They doshort english ones but as we are in wales we all know they are not to the wales standards.

If some of you remember, I had a temporary child 3 days and ran into trouble with contracts {or lack of} well I spoketo my local NCMA person and she suggested to contact NCMA head office. here is a reply i've had.

Thank you for your email regarding short term childminding contracts.

Although we currently do not offer the short term contracts for childminders working under CSSIW guidelines, this is currently being reviewed. We are having conversations with various offices around the Welsh regions to understand what alterations are needed and the demand for this publication.

I will update you accordingly on the outcome over the next few weeks.

Thought that might interest some of you

Thanks keep us posted on the outcome! :thumbsup:
Big Up the Cymru Crew!!!:laughing:

aly
28-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Thanks keep us posted on the outcome! :thumbsup:
Big Up the Cymru Crew!!!:laughing:

ha ha ha:laughing: