PDA

View Full Version : advice please............. what would you do??

emmadines
23-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Before the children broke up a mum approached me about having her 4 year old. anyway the meeting seemed to go well, the 4 year old played with my 2 children and seemed happy.
she made an appointment for a settling session where we would also see tot he contracts etc. anyway that was then and at the beginning of the week I realised that I wouldn't be able to accommodate the settling session at that time..... so I called her and left a message for her to call me back....

she did call me back but my mob battery died. anyway I called her back but got the answer phone so left a message for her to call me back. no since then I have called her every day ( and at diff times of the day) trying to rearrange this but all I get is the answer phone. I have left numerous messages stating that I have to take o/h to the clinic - (he having the chop tomorrow, I didn't tell her that bit) but Ive still not had an answer... what should I do?

have i done enough....

I'm not starting Monday without the contract signed and a weeks money in hand at all. this was supposed to be the deposit as well.
ive not turned n e one away yet so no lose, would you turn her away on monday if she turned up??

chewy sweets
23-07-2009, 06:16 PM
Possibly wouldn't turn her away. But make sure she's aware you can't take her lo without signed contract and Permission forms and you want a weeks £ upfront. And that she'll have to do this NOW!!! She what she says?:huh:

mushpea
23-07-2009, 06:17 PM
depends on how you feel and if you need the money or not.
if it were me i would accept her monday but only if she signed contracts and had the cash in her hand other wise i would explain that with out these things she would not be able to leave her child in my care . could she have been on holiday this week?

Rubybubbles
23-07-2009, 06:32 PM
because the lo is 4 settling in not such an issue

BUT def not I am afraid, I like contracts and stuff signed and then we both know where we stand

emmadines
23-07-2009, 06:54 PM
depends on how you feel and if you need the money or not.
if it were me i would accept her monday but only if she signed contracts and had the cash in her hand other wise i would explain that with out these things she would not be able to leave her child in my care . could she have been on holiday this week?

no she not on holiday, shes moving home, but ive called her everyday and left a message and at diff times of the day so theres no reason why she shouldnt reply!!

TheBTeam
23-07-2009, 06:58 PM
I would ring and leave one last message, saying you just need to clarify that as much as you would like to you can not start to care for lo on Monday without signed contract as you would not be insured, and also require a deposit and obviously time is running out so you need her to be aware.

If she doesn't call back then at least you have tried!

emmadines
23-07-2009, 06:59 PM
im not even sure what time he supposed to be comming on monday

mushpea
23-07-2009, 07:09 PM
well dont wait in all day, if she wants you and she turns up and your out she will ring you. if she is moving house her phone number may have changed so you could be leaving messages with the new owners of her old house

emmadines
23-07-2009, 07:22 PM
well dont wait in all day, if she wants you and she turns up and your out she will ring you. if she is moving house her phone number may have changed so you could be leaving messages with the new owners of her old house

no its her mobile, i will leave a note on the door i suppose

christinajanep
23-07-2009, 07:34 PM
Has she changed her mind and thats why shes not returning your calls ?
If i was you i wouldn't call her again and just go about things on Monday as you would normally and if she turns up then explain you've been leaving messages etc etc and cant take him without the contract.

balloon
23-07-2009, 08:13 PM
I'd say she'd changed her mind and was avoiding calling you to tell you. she's had plenty of opportunity to call you back.

You could try one last message saying something along the lines of "as I haven't had any replies to previous messages I assume you no longer need childcare for xxx. If this is not the case please contact me by xxx to secure his place and arrange contracts etc"

Seems a bit severe but if she still wants the place she'll call and if she doesn't you'll know...

Chatterbox Childcare
23-07-2009, 08:15 PM
I think you have done all you can. maybe she is out of the country on hols.

I would text her and leave it at that and if she turns up explain that you have tried to contact her and say what day would be better for her?

sweets
23-07-2009, 08:19 PM
i would probabaly wait in on monday morn for her with contract at the ready and if she comes then say that im sorry you can't leave your child until this has been filled in you have paid for at least today then we can sort out rest of deposit at pick up time

Nicki L
23-07-2009, 08:22 PM
I'd say she'd changed her mind and was avoiding calling you to tell you. she's had plenty of opportunity to call you back.

You could try one last message saying something along the lines of "as I haven't had any replies to previous messages I assume you no longer need childcare for xxx. If this is not the case please contact me by xxx to secure his place and arrange contracts etc"

Seems a bit severe but if she still wants the place she'll call and if she doesn't you'll know...

I would agree with this - if you dont recieve a call then look for somebody else. Good luck with whatever you decide x

Chimps Childminding
23-07-2009, 09:17 PM
I agree with the advice given by onceinabluemoon! you can't really do much more if she wont call you back!!!! good luck!:thumbsup: