PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted visit

LisaMcNally09
23-07-2009, 04:18 PM
Hi all!!

I am Pre-reg and have my Ofsted visit next Wednesday....this has all probably been asked before but im fretting a little and am worried about a couple of things.

I have all my policies, procedures, risk assessments etc all done and ready...while ive been looking through this forum though it mentions somewhere (cant remember where:blush: ) that the inspector will want to know about planning...what sort of activities i have planned...planning forms...etc.....

My question is.......is it a good idea to have some general activity plans done and maybe a sample learning journal that I could maybe start doing on my daughter....just so she can see what i'm planning to do???

Also....she mentioned when she rang that I didn't need to have toys out or anything like that just needed to explain what sort of toys and equipment id be using...is that the same for the safety equipment....is it ok not to have it all set up (ie cupboard locks, safety gates etc) just know what i will have when i start minding???

Lastly....ive started doing some posters and displays to put up in the room that will be my main minding room....is it ok to put all that up now or will it look like im being presumptious????

Thanks everyone and sorry if ive rambled!!!!

Lisa

sarah707
23-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Pre-reg is all about the inspector finding out how much you know and you going through your booklet and being ready to answer as many of the questions as you can. The rest, your inspector should guide you with - it's not a test!

I would get the safety side ready or you might be given actions before you can start minding. With the rest, show it's a work in progress for extra Brownie points!

Good luck :D

LisaMcNally09
23-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Thankyou.....im just flapping about silly little things now. Ill be fine...........I hope!!! lol:panic:

Tatjana
24-07-2009, 06:59 PM
I'm sure you'll be fine!

I was asked what a typical day would be like, made one up based loosely on what i've done with my own children.

hth
xx

Alz
24-07-2009, 07:09 PM
I had mine last week, my inspector asked a lot of questions re: welfare requirements. I'd say get as much safety stuff sorted then you shouldn't get too many actions!! :thumbsup:
Good luck!

Daddy Day Care
24-07-2009, 10:43 PM
I panicked like mad before mine, but there really wasnt any need to. my inspector was lovely and form the first few seconds with her i felt at ease.

You sound like your well prepared for it, they dont expect you to have everything in place.

hope it goes well

Gareth
xx

huggableshelly
25-07-2009, 05:40 AM
just wanted to wish you luck, sounds like you have everything in place so relax for the wkend xxx