PDA

View Full Version : learning journey/diary/scrap-book/all about me?????

Rosiemay
23-07-2009, 02:58 PM
Hello - sorry if I'm repeating what's already been asked but I have a couple of part-timers starting in September. I'll have them two afternoons each after they've been to nursery.

Anyway, I just can't get my head around how I should organise their info. :( I'll be doing a 'learning journey' with observations linked to the 6 areas of learning. Is that meant to be separate to other info - should I do a daily info sheet which says what they've eaten, activities, mood, sleep etc? Is that what people call the diary?

And what happens to the 'learning journey' when they go to school or leave. do i give it to the family? school? keep it?

Sorry if this doesn't make sense. Just trying to get it straight in my head!

Thanks,
Rosie x

RachelE
23-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Yeah, I have a file (learning journal) and then I have a notebook which goes home daily - diary.

I think when they leave it is passed to parents - and offered to school to look at.

sarah707
23-07-2009, 05:06 PM
Hi yes Rachel is right it goes home when they have finished Reception year at school.

Sounds like you are organised :D

mpither
24-07-2009, 08:37 AM
as far as I know it goes with the parents and they decide weather or not top give it to the schools or keep it