PDA

View Full Version : How do i get business !!

charliebear
23-07-2009, 12:09 PM
Hi all,

I am sure you have all heard this one before !! I am newly registered and i am having great difficulty in finding children ! I have tried advertising, i am registed with local children's centres, vacancy match schemes but i have only had one person come and see me! That is great as her little girl is starting in sept but thats only days a week! If anyone has any ideas or advise please let me no !!

Thanks Kel x

littlepixies
23-07-2009, 12:33 PM
Get out and about.... mention to local schools, doctors, health visitors ect

get some cards printed up www.vistaprint.co.uk
place in local stations shops, schools, doctors, work places, post though doors in local area..

chewy sweets
23-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Hi all,

I am sure you have all heard this one before !! I am newly registered and i am having great difficulty in finding children ! I have tried advertising, i am registed with local children's centres, vacancy match schemes but i have only had one person come and see me! That is great as her little girl is starting in sept but thats only days a week! If anyone has any ideas or advise please let me no !!

Thanks Kel x

I know how you feel. I've done a leaflet drop, put up notices in doctors, post offices and still had only 2 enquiries which have come to nothing!!!
I've got an advert going in a local newspaper next week which has just cost me £70!!! Great if it works:clapping: But :panic: if it doesn't!!!!!!

Have you tried leaflet drops, putting notices up???

Baildon bears
23-07-2009, 01:25 PM
The best way, is local pre- school ask if you can put up an advert at school, also local nurserys, you will find it more easy to get buisness when you start with little girl, make sure you take her out to play groups, buisness comes mainly from word of mouth. but dont worry to much usually find loads of people come just before they go back to school in a panic. Hannah

charliebear
23-07-2009, 01:50 PM
The best way, is local pre- school ask if you can put up an advert at school, also local nurserys, you will find it more easy to get buisness when you start with little girl, make sure you take her out to play groups, buisness comes mainly from word of mouth. but dont worry to much usually find loads of people come just before they go back to school in a panic. Hannah

Thanks again will just keep my fingers crossed xx

Tatjana
23-07-2009, 03:35 PM
Aww hon, i know how you feel, i've only just got my first mindee and was getting very disheartened. I thought i'd get some enquiries about after school care for sept but not one!

Fingers crossed for you :thumbsup:

xx

Bazza
23-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Im sure it cant hurt to advertise on a directory site that people will search for childminders locally.

I know a free one...;)

sarah707
23-07-2009, 06:12 PM
Im sure it cant hurt to advertise on a directory site that people will search for childminders locally.

I know a free one...;)

I wonder where that might be Bazza?!? :rolleyes: :laughing:

My best advert so far has been the CIS website - I update my ad regularly and I ring them so it pops to the top every week when I'm looking for business. Make sure your wording is professional and your prices are in line with others in your area.

Hth :D

Bazza
23-07-2009, 07:56 PM
I am just ever so slightly shameless....:so happy: