PDA

View Full Version : out door toys?

littlepixies
23-07-2009, 10:07 AM
Hello.. seeing as recently moved to a house with garden were just starting our collection of garden toys..... and would like your feedback on what you have found to be a weight in gold????

So far just got little elc sand pit... a bike which is daughters... a little car.. paddling ppool and scooter.

Would love a trampoline and house but i dunno if il bealoud to take up that much room in the garden!

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
23-07-2009, 10:15 AM
hi, i have a little enclosed 4ft trampoline, wendy house, slide and seasaw and various ride on toys and not a huge garden and ofsted said that my garden was fine.

both kids (aged 2 and 3) love trampoline and can fit on it at the same time. They love taking play food out to the wendy house and using the toy cooker to cook it on and play cafe!

hope this helps

Minstrel
23-07-2009, 10:31 AM
You dont always need big things either if you don't have a lot of room.

Some of our most used toys are things like

boules,
watering cans,
velcro tennis catch game thingy (?) ,
pavement chalk, (drawing, hop scotch)
decorating paint brushes for water painting
skipping rope
footballs
ball pit

hope this helps x

nannymcflea
23-07-2009, 11:27 AM
What about some drain pipes that you can angle together to make a water run with, tyres to climb on, blocks of wood to stack and climb, a pit for mud to mess around in.

just some other ideas rather than a slide and swing (we have these too!) and let the kids imagination do the work.

littlepixies
23-07-2009, 11:45 AM
i just bought some of them big green leaf canopys ikea use to sell.. i have some wooden posts along wall so going to secure them and use this as a sheltered play / quiet area.
we have a long wall along side of garden with a path thought i might paint a giants garden along it with the big leaf canopys coming off the wooden posts

Chatterbox Childcare
23-07-2009, 11:54 AM
I don't have loads as we use the park.

My back garden has an 8ft trampoline, cube climbing frame, slide, sand table and scooter with lots of little cars

for out the front we have the extra's of skateboards, guns, balls etc...

mushpea
23-07-2009, 04:52 PM
i dont have climbing frames or slides as we use these at the park, we have balls, ride on car, sand and water tray, sand pit, a cheap b&q shed as a playhouse with a kitchen in it , huge toy garage, a tuff spot which we use for messy play, painting etc, prams and dolls, blanketts cause they like to make their own dens, play tents, brio water ways, little tikes mountain track and we take mega bloks out side too, action men.
gosh, my garden sounds huge but its not its just that i rotate toys so they dont get board,

The Juggler
24-07-2009, 07:04 AM
You dont always need big things either if you don't have a lot of room.

Some of our most used toys are things like

boules,
watering cans,
velcro tennis catch game thingy (?) ,
pavement chalk, (drawing, hop scotch)
decorating paint brushes for water painting
skipping rope
footballs
ball pit

hope this helps x

some gardening trowels and pots for digging in the earth (and a patch with no flowers so your garden doesn't get ruined!)

a small planter area for growing easy veg/fruits?

lots of balls/golf clubs or different raquets/bats

a few pieces of material for dens or make believe cloaks etc.

hobby horses

mushpea
24-07-2009, 07:18 AM
What about some drain pipes that you can angle together to make a water run with, tyres to climb on, blocks of wood to stack and climb, a pit for mud to mess around in.

just some other ideas rather than a slide and swing (we have these too!) and let the kids imagination do the work.

i love the drain pipe idea, what do you put under the pipe to give it an angle and how do you join it together or does it just sort of sit together, could be of to diy shop the weekend to buy some!!:D :D