PDA

View Full Version : 'CUI' code on bank statement

venus89
22-07-2009, 08:24 PM
do you know what it means? I'm with natwest and it's exactly the same amount as the cheque I recieved from a parent last week.....

uf353432
22-07-2009, 08:37 PM
I think you need to speak to your parent - in fact I am sure they will already know that their cheque has bounced since their bank has likely written to them pass on a charge. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(

venus89
22-07-2009, 08:41 PM
I think you need to speak to your parent - in fact I am sure they will already know that their cheque has bounced since their bank has likely written to them pass on a charge. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(

Thank you. That's what I thought it may be.
Oh poo!

sarah707
22-07-2009, 08:53 PM
In my fees policy I say that if a cheque bounces the parent goes immediately onto cash payments... weekly if that helps them to budget.

Do you have anything to cover you?

I suggest a carefully worded letter sent recorded so it's signed for. Good luck x

venus89
22-07-2009, 08:57 PM
In my fees policy I say that if a cheque bounces the parent goes immediately onto cash payments... weekly if that helps them to budget.

Do you have anything to cover you?

I suggest a carefully worded letter sent recorded so it's signed for. Good luck x

Thankyou Sarah.

This is the second one that's bounced so I've sent a text asking her to pay in cash by friday and will also follow your advice about the letter. She's a weekly payer (in theory :laughing: ) anyway but that doesn't seem to help! x

Chatterbox Childcare
22-07-2009, 09:05 PM
Just to double check that the amount is actually a debit not a credit too.

venus89
22-07-2009, 09:15 PM
Just to double check that the amount is actually a debit not a credit too.

Good point - but sadly it it is x