PDA

View Full Version : play kitchen

cherry pink
22-07-2009, 08:16 PM
evening all, not sure if this is in the right place but here goes.

what toy kitchen do you all have /recommend haven't got a huge amount of room, but sturdy enough for a 20 month old and a 29 month old to play with....mine has given up the ghost after 13 years ( bought it on hols in france for dd now 15 lol)

The Juggler
22-07-2009, 08:18 PM
if you can afford it one of the wooden ones. ELC one is lovely. Otherwise, I have the plastic one from ELC, got it second hand and has lasted me over 4 years.

The only thing you have to watch is little ones using lift up flap at side to pull themselves up, can tip whole thing over.

Cammie Doodle
22-07-2009, 08:28 PM
I have a Little Tykes one (older style) its about 14yrs old and still looks brill . Bought it for £20 from a friend who's daughter had outgrown it. Still have most of original cups, cutlery etc . All ages love

cherry pink
22-07-2009, 08:41 PM
thanx guys i would love a wooden one but think my older boy mindees would ruin it, have just looked at a little tiked double up laundry kitchen, i love little tikes stuff they seem to last for years they are so sturdy

sophiestars
22-07-2009, 08:42 PM
I would recommend a little tikes one they are so well built and long lasting. I bought one 3 years ago second hand and it is still in excellent condition despite being left outside quite often!:blush:

I personally wouldn't recommend the ELC wooden one as I worked in a Creche that had one and the doors were always falling off or needing to be tightened. In the end they had to put some more substantial screws on it. But it depends on the children and frequency of use I suppose.

Twinkles
22-07-2009, 09:07 PM
I got a little tykes one last year for £3 at a jumble sale - worth looking in the second hand ads too.

Blaze
22-07-2009, 09:20 PM
My ELC wooden one didn't last 6 months before it fell apart & chipped v. easily!:mad:

littlepixies
23-07-2009, 06:58 AM
We have had 2 styles of little tikes.... a smaller one which was lovely won on ebay for £30... can buy it for about £69 new i think makes noises..
We sold that one to contribute to a larger one which we just bought again off ebay its called little tikes country kitchen and is great as soo much space for more than one child to play. Sturdy heavy duty plastic so can be kept out side too if you wanted.
Kids love it lots of doors and bits to open..

Try looking on ebay type in little tikes kitchen... we were looking for about 3 weeks! paid £50 for this one... which is good price!

cherry pink
23-07-2009, 07:29 AM
My ELC wooden one didn't last 6 months before it fell apart & chipped v. easily!:mad:

i think thats what would happen here with my older boys if i got a wooden one...
definately going for a little tykes one, at least it should stand up to the rough and tumble...

sweets
23-07-2009, 07:51 AM
my big elc one is old and bits were broken, was v well played with. so i have just bought elc little sizzling kithchen insteas of a big one, its great, doesn't take up much room and the kids love it, havn't had it long but it seems very tough and sturdy.

katickles
23-07-2009, 08:34 AM
We have the little Tikes one aswell - mine love playing with it, putting sausages in a pan then on the hob to hear the sizzling noice!!!:laughing:

loocyloo
23-07-2009, 08:50 AM
thanx guys i would love a wooden one but think my older boy mindees would ruin it, have just looked at a little tiked double up laundry kitchen, i love little tikes stuff they seem to last for years they are so sturdy

this is the one i have! i bought it from a friend for £5, 5 1/2 years ago, and she had had it for a few years!

it now lives in my playhouse in the garden, is always played with, and apart from a couple of stickers being pulled off, looks fantastic, and will last for ever!

xxx

The Juggler
23-07-2009, 09:10 AM
my big elc one is old and bits were broken, was v well played with. so i have just bought elc little sizzling kithchen insteas of a big one, its great, doesn't take up much room and the kids love it, havn't had it long but it seems very tough and sturdy.

that's the one I have it is good size if you need to have it permanently indoors (I don't have a garage or shed for storage)

Tink
23-07-2009, 09:45 AM
I got a fantastic one a while back from my local Lidl!!! cost me £10 but it's fab, plastic but came with pans, utensils and food.