PDA

View Full Version : Visit to museum

cher25
22-07-2009, 06:23 PM
Decided to visit the discovery museum in newcastle today.
Got the bus in, been a long time since i got a bus and can't believe the prices! So glad i only had 1, 5 year old to pay for.

The 5 yr old's little brother nearly 2, was walking as he refuses to go in the buggy. He did nothing but cry and moan all day. Wanted carried everywhere. Only time he was happy was when we were eating and when we went for an ice cream. He was tired though as hadn't had a nap.
Felt bad about not giving in to him and carrying him. lol The museum was no good for his age either. Wouldn't take a little one there again.

I am now shattered and have decided that i am taking the buggy on an outing like that next time. He will go in it if he is tired enough! I hope. lol

Hope my next outing is a bit easier.

Hebs
22-07-2009, 06:25 PM
awwww hun

we went to bill quay farm today, and considering it's free it was fab :thumbsup:

will definatly go back again during the hols :D

sweets
22-07-2009, 06:26 PM
i took my mindees on a bus a few weeks ago as a treat, they usually go everywhere in cars. I too was shocked at the price! no wonder people don't use them instead of driving

ajs
22-07-2009, 06:31 PM
i used to take my three to the discovery museum when we lived in Durham they loved it and so did i.
haven't been for a while though

PixiePetal
22-07-2009, 07:24 PM
I don't drive and use buses and trains. Thankfully I have mostly under 5's:) or it would cost a fortune

I take 3 under 3's on my local bus to toddler group etc. People comment on how well behaved and under control they all are. :thumbsup:

childmind04
22-07-2009, 07:28 PM
I like the discovery for all ages just think it is too much for that age to do something like that without the buggy :)

Mine love the water area but always get soaked even with the aprons on lol :panic:

Bus fares are ridiculus especially for children :angry:

cher25
22-07-2009, 08:56 PM
The bus fares really annoyed me! So glad ive kept the tickets, normally would throw them away.

The water area was good and both kids loved it. But little one wouldnt let me dry his hands with the dryer as the noise scares him. :(

And sweets that's the same reason i went by bus.lol