PDA

View Full Version : EYFS question

Hebs
22-07-2009, 06:23 PM
I have a 3 year old starting in september, 2 afternoons a week

I will collect from nursery and care for him until 6pm

as he is in nursery more am i right in thinking they are the ones with the responsibility of doing the EYFS with him??

i know i will still have to work towards the eyfs with him, probably by continuing with the nurserys themes etc, but the bulk of his paperwork will be done by them??

HELP

:panic:

PixiePetal
22-07-2009, 06:29 PM
This is what I thought. Sarah 707 helped me write a letter after I got a snotty one back from my intro letter and a brow beating 40 min phone call when she tried to tell me what to do in her way. :angry: Have kept away from the owner/manager since. Mum has just been giving me their plans and individual plans for mindee to browse and pick out what I can.

Thing is he does so much more with me - above the expected levels for age and stage, at nursery he is a different child.

I will not take a child on now who attends this nursery, can't bear the hassle.

She is now opening to 1 yr olds from Sept so will prob take some of my prospective business too.:angry: :angry:

Hebs
22-07-2009, 06:38 PM
this isn't a private nursery luckily :)

do i need to write a letter to them??

PixiePetal
22-07-2009, 07:30 PM
I sent an introductory letter to nursery after I gave one to parent to explain and she signed to say we could share info. All was well up to this point :rolleyes:

(for parents)

Dear Parents

Registered Childminders are now legally required to deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage, along with all other childcare settings and Primary Schools.

Because __________________is attending Nursery and his/her care and education will be split between us it will be necessary me to contact Nursery in order to plan activities to further his/her development in all areas of learning.
If you are happy for me to contact the Nursery then I would be grateful if you could sign this letter at the bottom and I will provide the Nursery with a copy for their reference.

If you have any questions or concerns about this matter then please let me know and we can discuss if further.

Yours Sincerely

(for nursery)

To whom it may concern,
My name is ************ and I am Registered Childminder to

As Childminders are now delivering the EYFS, it is a requirement that I have contact with other settings who care for him/her in order to be able to deliver appropriate activities for learning.
To assist me in delivering the EYFS, I would be grateful if you could send me an outline of activities enjoyed and a brief note on his/her development and next steps. I can then plan some of my activities to support your themes and further his/her development in all areas of learning.

Yours sincerely

any good? I think someone from the forum helped me with these, so thanks to them too.