PDA

View Full Version : holiday problems

tashaleee
22-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Have been presented by a slight challenge by two sets of my parents this week and would love to know what you would all do :blush:

Yes, I know all parents 'should' put their holidays in writing - unfortunately thats easier said and done with these two so we do verbal and I write it down......

Problem 1 - parent verbally gave me 2 weeks they wanted off over the hols and they know I wrote them down. They are now telling me that they cant both have the same week off so want to change both the weeks to different weeks. One of the weeks may not be a problem, but the other week would mean I dont get a week off at all over the hols to spend with my own kids..... (and this is not the easiest child to look after)

Problem 2 - parent gave me their hours and told me back at beginning of June to say they only needed me 3 weeks of the school holidays as they had the other 3 weeks off. Told parent today I have worked out her bill until kids go back to school - to be told she will 'let me know exactly when she does and doesnt want me to work over those 3 'holiday' weeks' :angry: have kind of pointed out politely that this wasnt what we agreed and she reckons she will get back to me when she has had a think

How would you handle these?

Normally I get them to sign a form once I have written it down to confirm, but due to my illness and family issues Ive got a bit behind with paperwork so I know its my own fault.....:blush:

sarah707
22-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Ouch! Sounds like they are taking advantage to me! :(

I think you might need to do some renegotiating...

How about giving them both holiday forms and blocking out a week that you need off? Make it the one you thought you were getting in the first place.

Ask them to fill in the rest by the weekend as you are aware their needs have changed but you have to plan for menus and outings... you want their children to get the best experience through the weeks after all etc etc.

Hth :D

Curly Quavers
22-07-2009, 07:51 PM
I would like to think this would not happen to me due to the way I have set up my contracts.

I choose my holidays well in advance so I am taking the first 2 weeks in August off (half fee) if Parents take holidays off that do not coincide with mine they must pay full fee. This way I know I have my 2 weeks off to spend with my girls and if they choose to take holidays outwith these then I get the time off off but still get paid. I make it it very clear they must pay all year in order to keep the space open.

I hope this makes sense.

I hope you get it sorted, and get tough xx

peanuts
22-07-2009, 08:15 PM
you need time with your own. do as sarah said and give a sheet with that week blanked out.