PDA

View Full Version : Childrens Centre in Library

singlewiththree
22-07-2009, 04:37 PM
our childrens centre is in the library it is next to a carpark and has automatic doors. I am sick to death of putting my 16mth down and him running straight out of the door. I said to the librarian today is there anyway of adjusting the sensor so that it doesn't react to children and they said No. For a childrens centre they don't care for children's welfare at all. The toilet is upstairs (ok there is a lift) there is no changing unit in the toilet and the tables all have sharp corners all at my mindees eye height. I really think if they are going to call themselves a childrens centre they should have children's safety assessed! :angry: rant over

mummyroysof3
22-07-2009, 05:08 PM
at the new childrens centre near us the reception has an automatic door, ive complained about it and now ask a member of staff to help me out as i have a 3 month old and 2 year old to get in the pushchair and a 3 year old walking, but the doors to get from reception into the hall and then one into the actual room groups are held in have a look that can only be opened by a member of staff very annoying when you go into hall to go to the toilets or to warm up a bottle than cant get back in

charlotte x

ajs
22-07-2009, 05:45 PM
our childrens centre is in the library it is next to a carpark and has automatic doors. I am sick to death of putting my 16mth down and him running straight out of the door. I said to the librarian today is there anyway of adjusting the sensor so that it doesn't react to children and they said No. For a childrens centre they don't care for children's welfare at all. The toilet is upstairs (ok there is a lift) there is no changing unit in the toilet and the tables all have sharp corners all at my mindees eye height. I really think if they are going to call themselves a childrens centre they should have children's safety assessed! :angry: rant over

if they hold creches while courses are being held you can contact ofsted and get them to have a look.
it doesn't matter if you access the course or not if the centre runs them they have to be registered with ofsted and they would probably be interested anyway

sarah707
22-07-2009, 05:53 PM
Ours is a new build. It has a door that swings really fast and hard that is operated by the staff.

So I bring out baby, put him in the buggy, buzz to get back in, collect other 2 who have run off by this stage leaving baby in the CCTV watched by staff... it's a real palaver especially when I was told off for taking my buggy inside which I thought was the safest option.

I'm not happy about it myself. I agree it's like it's not been thought through :rolleyes: