PDA

View Full Version : too much to take on??

diz01
22-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Hi

i have had my first parent say they want me yey!!!! I will be ahaving a boy who is just turned 1 starting from september for 2 days a week and in the school holidays I will be having his 4 year old brother. A woman has just phoned asking me to have her 5 and a half month old baby, she hasn't even met me yet! she wants to come round today, was quite demanding about that! My hubby thinks I would be taking on too much and all my attention wouldn't be on the one year olds what do you all think??????

Tatjana
22-07-2009, 10:57 AM
Would the 5.5mth old be starting asap? That would give you time to get used to the baby before the sept mindee starts. I think only you can decide if you can do it!

xx

cs01
22-07-2009, 11:42 AM
Wouldn't hurt to meet the baby/parent I suppose. It really depends on the nature of the children as to how easy or difficult it will be to care for them. I look after a 1, 2 and my own child is 3. I never thought I would manage them all, never mind get them in and out the car safely and out to groups etc, but actually I don't even give it a 2nd thought now. It does help that the youngest mindee is very placid and sleeps well during the day so this is when I can give more attention to the 2nd mindee.

I would say meet the mum and then make your decision. Us childminders/mums are very good at multi tasking!

Twinkles
22-07-2009, 12:36 PM
I'd say go ahead and meet her. It's surprising how quickly you will learn to cope and soon you'll be wondering why you thought you couldn't. Good luck :thumbsup:

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
22-07-2009, 12:40 PM
i would def meet her, If you can settle the 1 yr old in first that will really help

grindal
22-07-2009, 12:41 PM
I would suggest meet the mum of the 5 month old, but keep an open mind. If she is too demanding you can alway give your excuses. I would be a bit wary of a demanding parent. I look after an 8 month old and a 2 and 3 yr old. It is difficult to start with, but you adapt and devise routines that enable you to cope with them all. (Mine are all asleep at the moment:clapping: :clapping: )

diz01
22-07-2009, 03:53 PM
Hi

tirns out it was for twins so couldn't do it even if I wanted to, the lady had a very very strong accent so could not really understand her on the phone, passed her number onto other child minders in this area for her though

ahhh well more will come! :)