PDA

View Full Version : Could someone helpwith a notice letter

aly
22-07-2009, 10:46 AM
Please??

Iwant to terminate E who only comes 3 mornings a week. I haven't spoken to mum about finishing as I would probably feel guilted into keeping him.

ANyway I haveno idea where to start and wondered if someone had one as a template I could use?

I feel I need to explain why in the letter rather than just say here is my termination letter and my last day is this...when I should put something in.

here are a few reasons why.
1) He is taking up a full time space but only paying for hours used.
2) What I get for him for the 3 am's I could get in a day for a full-timer
3) He has not settled with me since he started in April.
4) He takes over an hour {sometimes more} to eat dinner so when I have him I cannot do/plan anything for the day -even though i've worked with his mum on this subject.

I know people usually say keep money out of letters so this is why Ineed a bit of help. Dont get me wrong about the money side but with the current climate we all have to look out for our best interests.

Thats made me feel like a money grabbing person doesn't it.

Help please

:blush:

Tatjana
22-07-2009, 10:54 AM
I wouldn't mention any of those points as it will upset the parents. I would just say due to unexpected circumstances you are unable to continue care for X and are sadly having to give notice.

hth
xx

The Juggler
22-07-2009, 11:15 AM
or use the 'he has not settled well and you feel he would be happier elsewhere'. If you took on the contract on the basis that he was a p/timer taking up your day space you can't really backtrack now.

I would do what Tatjana has suggested as long as there is no chancer she will find out/see you with new mindees when they start in which case she might be a bit miffed.

If she is likely to, I would just use the settling excuse. Alternatively you could advertise the other hours and fill with another part-timer? Some children do take ages to eat - don't worry about it. Start earlier maybe or if sandwiches give him little lunchbox on his lap to finish in the buggy?

sarah707
22-07-2009, 11:29 AM
I would go with the 'your son has not settled and I strongly believe he will be better in another setting'.

Either that or 'due to a change in circumstances'.

Keep it businesslike and to the point, state the last day, fees / refunds due and give tax credits number reminding parents it is their responsibility to cancel any payments.

Good luck :D

aly
22-07-2009, 11:49 AM
or use the 'he has not settled well and you feel he would be happier elsewhere'. If you took on the contract on the basis that he was a p/timer taking up your day space you can't really backtrack now.

I would do what Tatjana has suggested as long as there is no chancer she will find out/see you with new mindees when they start in which case she might be a bit miffed.

If she is likely to, I would just use the settling excuse. Alternatively you could advertise the other hours and fill with another part-timer? Some children do take ages to eat - don't worry about it. Start earlier maybe or if sandwiches give him little lunchbox on his lap to finish in the buggy?

I start feeding him about 11.45 as it is. He doesnt use a buggy as he is 3. I dont feed him as he feeds himself but yes I know what you mean.

Thanks everyone I will use the settling in as the excuse. He will probably see me with others as I have his cousin and she is in the same street as me.,

why is everything hard??lol

thanks all

nannymcflea
22-07-2009, 12:11 PM
Is there a minimum fee you would be happy with for this child?

Could you write a letter to ALL parents and tell them that from such a date any child being part time will be subject to a minimum fee no matter how many hours they use?

I have a minimum of £10 and parents understand that this is payable even if they choose to use me for an hour.

Or would it be feasable to do a sessional charge?

just a thought.

her8y
22-07-2009, 05:16 PM
I have pmd you a copy of my letter. Hope it is of some use!:D