View Full Version : funded places for 3 years old, question ?

22-07-2009, 10:46 AM

The other post reminded my that one of the parents asked me if I knew about it.

I tried to look on my local authority website but it mentions more about nurseries and preschool rather than childminder.

How would it work? do you have to register to something ? what are the criterias?

Thank you


22-07-2009, 11:10 AM
You need to be an accredited childminder.

Some areas offer this, others don't.

Some have huge hoops to jump through (see childmind04s recent threads), others are fairly simple.

Best check with your local people :D

22-07-2009, 09:16 PM
hi.. we have quite a few hoops to jump through.. if I start the process now..
I have slew of paperwork to do.. then I need to do adult led activities, log the obs etc etc.. for a while and then hopefully by jan 10 I will be able to start the funding places.. I'm also interested in doing respite care.. which warms my heart more at the mo.. If you get on a network ie are accredited then you can offer this to. its also a good marketing tool as it shows you are accredited.

Chatterbox Childcare
22-07-2009, 09:27 PM
Our network is very supportive. Ring your DO or Early Years section and ask for their support and criteria

22-07-2009, 10:29 PM
You can be on our local network without being accredited.

I am on the network and accredited and for both there was a lot of paperwork to fill in.