PDA

View Full Version : play dough

Joda
22-07-2009, 07:25 AM
Hi, I'm sure if I look it will be on the forum somewhere but to save me time before the mindee's arrive has anyone got a simple recipe to make play dough?

Thanks in advance

Chatterbox Childcare
22-07-2009, 07:33 AM
Will dig it out when I get back from school and have 5 mins.

It is something like 1 cup salt, 3 flour, 1/2 oil and water - mix and cook but will double check

Kes
22-07-2009, 07:36 AM
Stir together 1 cup of plain flour, half a cup of salt and 1 level teaspoon of cream of tartar. Add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil and 1 cup of water mixed with some food colouring. Microwave stopping every 30 seconds to stir until it resembles playdough. Will keep for ages in an airtight container.

Enjoy
Kerry.

SimplyLucy
22-07-2009, 07:37 AM
Here is the recipe I use.....it's very simple.

Playdough recipe
½ cup of salt
1 cup of flour
1 tablespoon of cream of tartar
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
1 cup of boiling water (from the kettle)
A few drops of food colouring added to the water
Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl, add oil and water and mix well. Remove from bowl and carefully kneed until fully mixed.
You can make the playdough any colour you like. Try adding glitter at the dry mix stage for a sparkly effect

charleyfarley
22-07-2009, 07:37 AM
That's what we are playing with at the moment :thumbsup:

Enjoy making it

Carol xx

Louise_Oaktree
23-07-2009, 02:43 PM
Do you need a food mixer of can you do it by hand? :blush:

shellib
23-07-2009, 03:36 PM
I cant find cream of tartar anywere...!! :(

mushpea
23-07-2009, 04:48 PM
its in the baking section of the super market and no you dont need a food mixer just mucles:D

singingcactus
25-07-2009, 02:36 PM

Playdough recipe
½ cup of salt
1 cup of flour
Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl, add oil and water and mix well. Remove from bowl and carefully kneed until fully mixed.
You can make the playdough any colour you like. Try adding glitter at the dry mix stage for a sparkly effect

This is also the way we do it. I always found that I wouldn't cook it for long enough OR i would cook it for too long when i did it in a pan. So I added boiling water and it is just perfect every time, and very quick and mess free.

childmind04
26-07-2009, 03:48 PM
will try the boilng water as lately i have made is too crumbly :cool:

Jen4Kids
27-07-2009, 01:08 PM
The reciepe i have is for microwave play dough

2 cups salt
2 cups plain flour
2 cups water with food colour
4 teaspoons cream of tatar
4 teaspoons cooking oil

Mix ingredients in a bowl, cook in microwave for 4 minutes, keep mixing/stirring and kneed until done :thumbsup:

Chell
07-02-2010, 06:26 PM

Playdough recipe
½ cup of salt
1 cup of flour

Thanks, I've just made this. I didn't have enough salt for the other recipes. This makes an ideal quantity for one or two children.