PDA

View Full Version : Kick up the rear if you will - a grumble

Pipsqueak
21-07-2009, 11:28 PM
Right - mindee age 7
when I took him on I discussed with mum about school hols and she said same 3 days I would have him after school but from 10am.
Duh - i forgot to write this down - duh duh duh

Anyway when mum picked up Thursday gone - I reconfrmed verbally (thinking I had written it onto contract still) that it will be the three days - mum just looked at me and said oh no grandparents are having him on the Wednesday as I can't afford the full three days with you.

TBHthat suits me fine, W is a lovely kid just hard work - so just having him the two days (although due to her change and tardiness which I will explain in a moment I am tempted to bill for the Wednesday after school hours he is contracted for!!!) BUT (there always is!) :::::

Fridays are payday - grandad picked up that evening convienently so I asked him to ask mum to give me a call. Guess what no call by 7 - so I text her asking for payment. (It seems every Friday at payday - grandad always picks up - although he should be collecting Wed/Thurs and mum on Fridays:rolleyes: ) So here we are (ok I know technically its now Wednesday) - mum rang me this morning at 9.30am but with one thing and another I wasnt able to take her call - she has left no message, not text or tried again and I a) forgot about it until an hour ago b) think why should I call her back (petty mare!).

Now W talked to me privately Friday (another reason I wanted to talk to mum) and told me his mum had told him a secret he couldn't tell me (yep ding dong) so I said he'd best not tell me then but he said he wanted to.... apparently he got really upset because he doesn't want to leave me and mum has arranged for him to 'spend lots of time with grandparents' . Hmmmm whats that spelling out.....

So I am presuming I don't have W tomorrow going by what mum said last week - am going about my day with my boys and going to enjoy it!
I have stil not been paid for last week and I have a funny feeling mum is going to cancel the contract..... but I am blowed if I am going to ring her. If she hasn't contacted me tomorrow then I will be adding late fees!:rolleyes:

sarah707
22-07-2009, 07:00 AM
You wonder why some parents bother don't you?

At least the child is honest :rolleyes:

I hope it resolves but somehow I'm not sure it will xx

Deb
22-07-2009, 07:01 AM
Blimey, you sound about as forthright with these parents as I am with one of mine. I cant be doing with awkward parents and I DO understand that their child care first and foremost has to be affordable but,fgs, you would think they would be willing to pay.

When I had to return to work following maternity leave my childcare came to more than my wages - so not worth it but It was either that or payback the maternity money. I really resented that lol

Chatterbox Childcare
22-07-2009, 07:19 AM
Right - mindee age 7
when I took him on I discussed with mum about school hols and she said same 3 days I would have him after school but from 10am.
Duh - i forgot to write this down - duh duh duh

Anyway when mum picked up Thursday gone - I reconfrmed verbally (thinking I had written it onto contract still) that it will be the three days - mum just looked at me and said oh no grandparents are having him on the Wednesday as I can't afford the full three days with you.

TBHthat suits me fine, W is a lovely kid just hard work - so just having him the two days (although due to her change and tardiness which I will explain in a moment I am tempted to bill for the Wednesday after school hours he is contracted for!!!) BUT (there always is!) :::::

Fridays are payday - grandad picked up that evening convienently so I asked him to ask mum to give me a call. Guess what no call by 7 - so I text her asking for payment. (It seems every Friday at payday - grandad always picks up - although he should be collecting Wed/Thurs and mum on Fridays:rolleyes: ) So here we are (ok I know technically its now Wednesday) - mum rang me this morning at 9.30am but with one thing and another I wasnt able to take her call - she has left no message, not text or tried again and I a) forgot about it until an hour ago b) think why should I call her back (petty mare!).

Now W talked to me privately Friday (another reason I wanted to talk to mum) and told me his mum had told him a secret he couldn't tell me (yep ding dong) so I said he'd best not tell me then but he said he wanted to.... apparently he got really upset because he doesn't want to leave me and mum has arranged for him to 'spend lots of time with grandparents' . Hmmmm whats that spelling out.....

So I am presuming I don't have W tomorrow going by what mum said last week - am going about my day with my boys and going to enjoy it!
I have stil not been paid for last week and I have a funny feeling mum is going to cancel the contract..... but I am blowed if I am going to ring her. If she hasn't contacted me tomorrow then I will be adding late fees!:rolleyes:

Parents seem to forget that notice cannot be given including holidays if they are not worked. Maybe she is struggling.

Tinglesnark
22-07-2009, 07:24 AM
omg, i cant believe some people think that they dont need to pay if they dont send their child!
its quite worrying!
i hope you dont have any trouble with this one!

Pipsqueak
22-07-2009, 07:32 AM
Parents seem to forget that notice cannot be given including holidays if they are not worked. Maybe she is struggling.

I appreciate that she might be struggling as you say Debbie - and it will suit me just fine having him the two days, so I am quite happy to let todays contracted bit drop - although I could be a ratbag and charge her for the 2 contracted hours today (probably won't though!).
It would just be nice if they could be honest and upfront and not leave you hanging. It would also be nice if she could pay me for last week:)

I am going to assume she is not bringing W today and just get on with my day. Harry wants to go looking for a birthday present ideas (his b'day is next week), so I am going to spend the day with my little (and big) monsters.:D Rats to the house and paperwork and stressing about work.:thumbsup:

Twinkles
22-07-2009, 07:36 AM
Good for you Pip , have a nice day.

Shame you didn't get the agreement written down , I have one of those and it's difficult to change the contract ( even with the right amount of notice ) without upsetting the apple cart.

Tatjana
22-07-2009, 10:39 AM
Good idea to go about your day and put it behind you for now, have fun!

xx

Pipsqueak
22-07-2009, 12:27 PM
Mum rang at 10.15 and reconfirmed that she would only be sending W Thurs/Frid and how much would that be - so I told her.
she then said that I will only have him this week and next and he will be away with his dad for 2 weeks after that. Told her that he would be back with me 1 week before I am on holidays till return of school (wow in 2 sentances I have gone through the school holidays!! lol).
I don' think that she understood she needs to pay me for the 2 week W is off either - will need to talk to her tomorrow - but I don't think she is going to like it.

She started talking about September - this is the child I do a different school pick up for and told her that I probably wouldn;t be able to continue in Sept once James starts. She is going to ask school if I can collect him 15 minutes late but I have already explained to her that I had already approached them and they are not happy to do this. So I think next week I am going to give notice and tell her I will continue the weeks until the end of summer as arranged.

As for going about my day nicely - had a nice time in town with my lads until we approached BHS to get sons school uniform for 'big school' - flippin heck its cost me a fortune........ nearly bawled my eyes out. But joy of joy I found some age 2-3 school trousers for James in Mothercare (and they are still to big round the waist:laughing: )

Twinkles
22-07-2009, 12:33 PM
Mum rang at 10.15 and reconfirmed that she would only be sending W Thurs/Frid and how much would that be - so I told her.
she then said that I will only have him this week and next and he will be away with his dad for 2 weeks after that. Told her that he would be back with me 1 week before I am on holidays till return of school (wow in 2 sentances I have gone through the school holidays!! lol).
I don' think that she understood she needs to pay me for the 2 week W is off either - will need to talk to her tomorrow - but I don't think she is going to like it.

She started talking about September - this is the child I do a different school pick up for and told her that I probably wouldn;t be able to continue in Sept once James starts. She is going to ask school if I can collect him 15 minutes late but I have already explained to her that I had already approached them and they are not happy to do this. So I think next week I am going to give notice and tell her I will continue the weeks until the end of summer as arranged.

As for going about my day nicely - had a nice time in town with my lads until we approached BHS to get sons school uniform for 'big school' - flippin heck its cost me a fortune........ nearly bawled my eyes out. But joy of joy I found some age 2-3 school trousers for James in Mothercare (and they are still to big round the waist:laughing: )

Do they ever read their flippin' contracts ???

Re school trousers two of my boys had the 'too big round the waist but not long enough in the leg problem' :laughing:

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
22-07-2009, 04:41 PM
it amazes me how reluctant parents are too pay, they trust you with their most precious things in the world but are more likely to pay their cleaners more than they pay us

beckyteddy
22-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Really sympathise over the contract/payment issue, hope it gets sorted for you soon.

Just a quick note about the trousers thing.....I always find mothercare too big on the waist in all their trousers. Asda George are the slimmest fitting school trousers I have found although I don't know if they do 2-3 years?

The Juggler
25-07-2009, 02:51 PM
Really sympathise over the contract/payment issue, hope it gets sorted for you soon.

Just a quick note about the trousers thing.....I always find mothercare too big on the waist in all their trousers. Asda George are the slimmest fitting school trousers I have found although I don't know if they do 2-3 years?

I have that problem with my two - boy and girl. Now, I know M&S are much more expensive than Asda/Tesco but they also do the elastic and button to adjust waist and were doing 3 for 2 on schoolwear so it worked out roughly the same for a couple of pairs with shirts and socks etc. They are usually good for the very young age groups.

Also Adams do online and they have pull in waists too and tend to have the smaller sizes.