PDA

View Full Version : no contract

Baildon bears
21-07-2009, 09:25 PM
Have a new parent starting in september, mindee has a childminder that she is not happy with for one reason and another, actually the childminder sounds terrible. Shes worried about giving notice and says she does not have a contract with this childminder, i cant start minding until the kids go back to school as i still have other mindee who i finish with end of hols. she wants to give notice know but shes worried that childminder will not have her child and do the notice period and leave her in lurch. I cant believe she has not got a contract, how do some childminders get away with it. they were overwhelmed by my setting and my eyfs work. when you here about childminders like that it make you think what am i worried about im actually a good childminder.

nannymcflea
21-07-2009, 09:32 PM
If she is sure she hasn't signed anything to say she has to give X amount of notice then she doesn't have to give any notice.

I have one who doesn't have a contract, she is occasional holiday use, a sibling of a younger child I look after who does have a contract. I'm not sure she's using me at all this holiday but it was my choice not to do a contract.

Deb
21-07-2009, 09:34 PM
I have children who have short term contracts, just 1 day sometimes. I would tell this new parent not to give notice but just to say on the last day that she isnt coming anymore. We have to have a contract, part of our registration I believe.

Baildon bears
21-07-2009, 09:35 PM
If she is sure she hasn't signed anything to say she has to give X amount of notice then she doesn't have to give any notice.

I have one who doesn't have a contract, she is occasional holiday use, a sibling of a younger child I look after who does have a contract. I'm not sure she's using me at all this holiday but it was my choice not to do a contract.

Thats different this child needs full time care, parent has not even childminder emergency details.

Tatjana
22-07-2009, 10:46 AM
I would say if there's no contract then there's no notice to serve. Sounds like the parent is scared of this cm!

xx

cuffleygirl
22-07-2009, 10:58 AM
How can a parent bear to leave their child with a cm they are scared of?

I have a child that I have very infrequently usually inset days but I still have a contract it states days as required between set times and of course a child record form. This gives me some piece of mind that I have all contact details and doctor/health details and I also was under the impression contracts was part of registration/insurance? Protect both parties.

Baildon bears
22-07-2009, 02:55 PM
How can a parent bear to leave their child with a cm they are scared of?

I have a child that I have very infrequently usually inset days but I still have a contract it states days as required between set times and of course a child record form. This gives me some piece of mind that I have all contact details and doctor/health details and I also was under the impression contracts was part of registration/insurance? Protect both parties.

So was I am really shocked, I am going to find out who this childminder is to see if she is even registered, in the mean time mindee will be much better off with me.