PDA

View Full Version : Hubbys heart

Daftbat
21-07-2009, 04:10 PM
Some of you may know that hubby was in A&E last monday with chest pains. A heart attack was ruled out but he has a spray for under his tongue which works and becasue of this the docs said it was something to do with his heart and that they would sort out referral to cardiology dept.

Nothing heard today (8 days later) so i phoned hopsital and found that his referral has "got lost in post" so nothing was being done!

After three phone calls have finally got appt sorted for 4th Aug but had to endure a junior A&E doctor being quite flippant - which i accosted her about and it left me really mad as what would have happened if i hadn't been on the ball and called? Absolutely ***** nothing - thats what!

Grrrr I am sooooooo angry - i might have a heart attck myself:angry:

Why o Why can't people do what they say they are going to do??

Feels better now its out - thanks everyone:(

grindal
21-07-2009, 04:14 PM
So many people are complaining about hospitals at the moment - good job hubby has you to look out for him. Hope he is OK :thumbsup:

angeldelight
21-07-2009, 04:54 PM
So sorry hubby is still suffering Penny

It is annoying when this happens and I have had the same thing with appoitments happen and it is not nice

I bet he will be glad when its all sorted now

Hope he is feeling ok

Angel xx

sarah707
21-07-2009, 05:02 PM
It's worrying enough having to go and have tests without getting someone with no bedside manner.

I hope he is sorted soon. Sending hugs xx

ORKSIE
21-07-2009, 05:06 PM
Hope he is on the mend very soon:)

ajs
21-07-2009, 06:14 PM
my hubby has a heart conditon too and went for his annual review to the gps about 4 months ago, he called in yesterday to confirm that as he hadn't heard the results of all of his tests must have been good and he was told oh no we have referred you back to the cardiologist haven't they contacted you yet.
appontment arrived this morning for 18th sept

i hope all is well with your hubby, mine takes beta blockers twice a day which doesn't help his weight but keeps his beat regular

nannymcflea
21-07-2009, 07:02 PM
You have my sympathy. My mum has a heart condition and has been on warfarin and betablockers for years now. she became poorly again, another blood clot on her lung and has been collapsing with a heart rate of 40.

This being classed as an emergancy she has a consultant appointment...September 11th...her second blood clot was over 3 months ago now! She had to wait 2 months for a 24 hour ECG and still hasn't got the results.

I live 40 miles away and she lives by herself.

Keep pushing where the NHS are concerned.:angry: hope hubby is ok soon.

Heaven Scent
21-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Sounds like angina - I don't know much about it but my father in law had it and lived a full life with it for many years - about 10 if memory serves me right - but he was an older man and had diabetes plus he had a stroke - also despite having free prescriptions he kept the same old tin of spray in his pocket for ever and it was years out of date - I don't know if he had pills to go with it as he took lots of pills for his other ailments - I hope he is seen swiftly - I had a breast cancer scare earlier in the year and myappointment kept being moved it was a real pain in the ass - at the time it didn't worry me because I thought the doctor was erring on the side of caution but if they mess my follow up appointment in Sept I will go mad its not fair when people are worrying.

You take care of yourself - its at times like this when you are caring for your unwell loved ones and worrying about them that we neglect ourselves. Don't over do it!!!!

Annie_T
22-07-2009, 02:01 PM
thats wrong nothing should get lost in the post .. what make s me laugh is half time hospitals lose the post which has only got to go down stairs to the correct dept etc .. but they still manage to lose it !!

i hope your hubby is ok and the appt goes well x

Daftbat
04-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Thought i would update you all re hubby's condition.

He finally saw the cardio people today at the hospital today and fantastic news is that his heart is AOK!:clapping:

He is however suffering from stress and we need to make sure that his workload is reduced at work. He has been on phone to boss who has been great so far and hopefully things will improve for him. Going away on Monday to Dorset camping so hopefully we can chill and he will feel a lot better.

Thank you to those who posted kind thoughts.

tulip0803
04-08-2009, 06:23 PM
Glad everything went well at the hospital today:thumbsup:

manjay
04-08-2009, 06:30 PM
Really pleased that everything went well. Make sure he follows doctors orders and chills next week:thumbsup:

nannymcflea
04-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Thats great news,enjoy your break.:D

Daddy Day Care
04-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Really glad to hear things went well today.

Hope you have a nice holiday

Gareth
xx

childmind04
04-08-2009, 08:10 PM
Great news for you and DH and a something for us all to think about when we are all working so hard:eek:

Enjoy your camping :)

Tatjana
04-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Glad to hear you hubby is ok! :thumbsup:

NHS :panic: :angry: :censored:

xx

Pipsqueak
04-08-2009, 10:00 PM

He finally saw the cardio people today at the hospital today and fantastic news is that his heart is AOK!:clapping:

He is however suffering from stress and we need to make sure that his workload is reduced at work. He has been on phone to boss who has been great so far and hopefully things will improve for him. Going away on Monday to Dorset camping so hopefully we can chill and he will feel a lot better.

Glad Mr C has got the all clear:clapping: :clapping: Hope things work out workwise and enjoy your holidays:thumbsup:

ORKSIE
04-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Glad he is ok:clapping:

wendywu
04-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Fab news, you can all relax now ( no pun intended).

I do like good news, well done:clapping:

ZoeAlli
04-08-2009, 11:37 PM

Glad to hear that all is well with your hubby. My hubby went to Drs about 4 months ago with palpitations and had to have an ECG. Thankfully he's ok, again suffering stress!!
It is such a relief to know that it is not as bad as you first think, so glad his boss is being so understanding.
Have a great holiday!! :clapping:

miffy
05-08-2009, 06:51 AM
Pleased to hear your hubby's OK Penny

Hope his boss keeps his word to reduce his work load

Miffy xx

deeb66
05-08-2009, 06:53 AM
Glad to hear that he is ok

Fab news!

:clapping: :clapping: