PDA

View Full Version : PLANNING RECORDS HELLLLLLP!!

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
21-07-2009, 12:57 PM
Please would someone help me as im a new childminder and getting really confused!!

I was speaking to another childminder last night and she informed me that i have to also have a planning book to show ofsted, .

She suggested having a piece of paper with the planned activitity in the middle (ie flowers) and then have lines that go to all the 6 areas of learning, then under each area write down what we will do (ie creative development making paper flowers for their mums). Then on the next page have a few photos of the kids doing a few of these activites and then put in their next steps.

I do have a folder with activites in, but i didnt realise you had to have written proof of how you link it to the 6 areas of learning, Im now abit confused and just wondered what other people do to show ofsted how they plan.

thanks X

singlewiththree
21-07-2009, 01:25 PM
I have a A4 book that I write down the daily planning in for each individual child. My inspector said I need to do weekly group planning, like you mentioned, she said I need to do a spiderchart which lists the theme in the middle and how it links to the areas of learning at the side. I haven't yet. I just do the daily planning and then have a sheet of long term planning which shows the festivals of the year.

The Juggler
21-07-2009, 01:35 PM
I don't do any of this. I just link whatever we do to each area of EYFS when I write up the obs.

Don't see the point of group planning when I'm planning for each child individually. Probably I will get downmarked by ofsted next time for daring to have that opinion.

Sarahjlonguk
21-07-2009, 03:03 PM
I don't do any of this. I just link whatever we do to each area of EYFS when I write up the obs.

Don't see the point of group planning when I'm planning for each child individually. Probably I will get downmarked by ofsted next time for daring to have that opinion.

I did a Long term, monthly then weekly activity plan linking to different areas of learning to ensure I was covering everything, but have now been told "I'm trying to hard" and don't need to do so much planning. Confused, think it depends on inspectors personal opinion.

MelBeck
21-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Sarah,
I think your right it does seem to depend on the inspector opinion and not how or what you actually do with the children,it would be nice if they had a basic checklist that showed that you had toys,healthy snacks,clean home,fire blanket,first aid kit etc and then go on to the paperwork and other bits cos I think it would make more sence for us that way.

sarah707
21-07-2009, 05:05 PM
I have both group and individual planning which run side by side...

I look after 9 children through the week and we always have something going on for the group ... at the moment it is minibeasts that has taken everyone's fancy so we're busy with that.

You don't have to write reams... just enough to show you are following each child's interests but also that the group is busy through the toys and games you have out all the time, through your planning for the seasons, birthdays, celebrations, festivals etc :D